Mayock: If Cardinals Move Up, It's for Josh Allen

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is different with his number 1 job of acquiring a potential franchise QB.  Not the same calculation with veteran free agency under a cap crunch. 

...as you know bud, therein lies the KEY...potential........I have MORE faith in his gang, a bevy of former NFL personnel level execs (yup, the pundits will say nobody else wanted to hire them) to do their utmost due diligence in their selection.....can't ask for more......will it work?......who knows......never was and never will be an axact science because you an't leasure a kid's Intel chip between the ears as far as adapting to the speed/complexity of the NFL game, or what is in his head/heart once cashing in big time.....is it the love of the game or the fat wallet?......if it was easy, would there EVER be a bust?......despite tyrying to rationalize, the flood of TBD post draft reigns of terror on McBeane and selections is imminent....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...as you know bud, therein lies the KEY...potential........I have MORE faith in his gang, a bevy of former NFL personnel level execs (yup, the pundits will say nobody else wanted to hire them) to do their utmost due diligence in their selection.....can't ask for more......will it work?......who knows......never was and never will be an axact science because you an't leasure a kid's Intel chip between the ears as far as adapting to the speed/complexity of the NFL game, or what is in his head/heart once cashing in big time.....is it the love of the game or the fat wallet?......if it was easy, would there EVER be a bust?......despite tyrying to rationalize, the flood of TBD post draft reigns of terror on McBeane and selections is imminent....

No gurantees of course, but they have to take their shot on the most important position in professional team sports. 

26 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I cant understand how people think this

I have heard at least a dozen reporters from NY talk about the draft. Everyone gave the same opinion that they believed the Giants are not going to take a qb with the second pick in the draft. If I were in the Giants' position I would take a qb. But that isn't what most of the people who follow the franchise believe will happen. We'll just have to wait for the draft to happen before we find out what there intentions are. 

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No gurantees of course, but they have to take their shot on the most important position in professional team sports. 

...Grandma always said, "no guts no glory...no bawls no bluechips sonny"......the old broad was NEVER wrong.....stay tuned.............:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

12 hours ago, whatdrought said:

No deal. I live in the south where we aren't so lucky to have such luxuries (or any coffee that's worth a d*mn). 

Also, my wife won't appreciate me blowing (potentially) money a week after finding out we're expecting. ;)

But I counter with a public proclamation that you were right/I was wrong? Can you do signatures on this board? The old Bills board used to allow signatures and people would put such admissions of error in there. 

Although, I'm not the one that made a definitive statement either way. I think there is a possibility that the Jets take Mayfield, I just don't expect it. You all but assured us that they will not take Rosen. 

Well congrats on the news @whatdrought We can do Starbucks too because in 9 months or  so that coffee will come handy, trust me!  j/k

Yes, I am pretty certain the Jets will not take Rosen.  Here’s why... Jets owner Woody Johnson is an ambassador to the UK for the Trump administration.  Rosen is known for being outspoken against Trump and conservative politics.  Everyone knows it to.  There’s no way Woody makes Rosen the face of the organization

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Well congrats on the news @whatdrought We can do Starbucks too because in 9 months or  so that coffee will come handy, trust me!  j/k

Yes, I am pretty certain the Jets will not take Rosen.  Here’s why... Jets owner Woody Johnson is an ambassador to the UK for the Trump administration.  Rosen is known for being outspoken against Trump and conservative politics.  Everyone knows it to.  There’s no way Woody makes Rosen the face of the organization

This is good for us.

5 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Thanks Man! :)

That does make sense, but I just don't think Bowles wants to risk his job on Mayfield's attitude. I guess we'll see.