• LT- Teague, LG- FA, C- Draftee, RG- Vill, RT Will
    • LT- Teague, LG- Draftee, C- FA, RG- Vill, RT Will
    • LT- Williams, LG- FA, C- Teague, RG- Vill, RT- Draftee
    • LT- Williams, LG- Draftee, C- Teague, RG- Vill, RT- FA
    • LT- FA, LG- Draftee, C- Teague, RG- Vill, RT- Will
    • LT- Draftee, LG- FA, C- Teague, RG- Vill, RT- Will

LT LJ Shelton, LG- Dan Buenning , C- Teague, RG- Vill, RT- Will

273072[/snapback]

Dan Buenning? We can do better than him with our 2nd rounder...there will be MUCH better options open to us. Buenning strikes me as a solid 4th round pick, due to his lack of athletic skills. Got a good head on him, but I think the Bills could land a player like Evan Mathis with the 2nd rounder, who also is versatile and can play tackle if needed.

But I like the sentiment, its easier to have a rookie guard start than it would be to have a rookie left tackle start *shudder*.

Dan Buenning?  We can do better than him with our 2nd rounder...there will be MUCH better options open to us.  Buenning strikes me as a solid 4th round pick, due to his lack of athletic skills.  Got a good head on him, but I think the Bills could land a player like Evan Mathis with the 2nd rounder, who also is versatile and can play tackle if needed. 

But I like the sentiment, its easier to have a rookie guard start than it would be to have a rookie left tackle start *shudder*.

273085[/snapback]

Yeah, G is the spot to start a rook, C would also be scary but not as scaRRy as LT!

None of the above.

LT Shelton (straight up for our 3rd Rounder)

LG DeMulling

C Teague with RD#2 Vince Carter or Wilkerson easing in

RG Villy

RT Willy

273090[/snapback]

Still want Shelton? That 3rd could be Jerome Mathis or maybe Mike Nugent (he will drop with his poor long kick showing at the combine).

Dan Buenning?  We can do better than him with our 2nd rounder...there will be MUCH better options open to us.  Buenning strikes me as a solid 4th round pick, due to his lack of athletic skills.  Got a good head on him, but I think the Bills could land a player like Evan Mathis with the 2nd rounder, who also is versatile and can play tackle if needed. 

273085[/snapback]

I agree with what you said infact I'm really high on Mathis and he'd be my top choice if take an OG with our 2nd. Yet in terms of value I would take Buenning later and go with a CB like Corey Webster or Antonio Perkins in the 2nd because if we're truly this bad in terms of the cap this season, I don't see how we're going to retain Nate Clements.

QUOTE(Astrobot @ Mar 13 2005, 03:53 PM)

None of the above.

LT Shelton (straight up for our 3rd Rounder)

LG DeMulling

C Teague with RD#2 Vince Carter or Wilkerson easing in

RG Villy

RT Willy

Still want Shelton? That 3rd could be Jerome Mathis or maybe Mike Nugent (he will drop with his poor long kick showing at the combine).

I for sure do not want a player new to LT (Gandy, DeMulling, Womack included) defending the blind side. Nugent won't be there. And I believe we're looking deeper into the draft for our #3 or 4 WR (I still expect Moulds-Evans-Aiken will be 1-3).

Of the poll options you listed, I would choose this one....

LT- Teague, LG- Draftee, C- FA, RG- Vill, RT Will

I posted a list of UFA centers yesterday and I would look for a 1 or a two year stop gap(Matt Lehr Dallas). I would draft a OG and OC with the picks in the 2nd(Bass) and 3rd(Wilkerson) round. I would let the rookie battle it out with Gandy and Tucker for LG.

OL starters

LT - Teague

LG - Bass

OC - Lehr

RG - Villarial

RT - Williams

OL Reserves

OG/OC - Tucker

OC - Wilkerson

OG/OT - Gandy

OT - Peters

OT - McFarland

Of the poll options you listed, I would choose this one....

LT- Teague, LG- Draftee, C- FA, RG- Vill, RT Will

I posted a list of UFA centers yesterday and I would look for a 1 or a two year stop gap(Matt Lehr Dallas).  I would draft a OG and OC with the picks in the 2nd(Bass) and 3rd(Wilkerson) round.  I would let the rookie battle it out with Gandy and Tucker for LG.

OL starters

LT - Teague

LG - Bass

OC - Lehr

RG - Villarial

RT - Williams

OL Reserves

OG/OC - Tucker

OC - Wilkerson

OG/OT - Gandy

OT - Peters

OT - McFarland

273124[/snapback]

Not alot of votes, but its interesting to see how split we all are. Or how many of us want different things.

Yeah, G is the spot to start a rook, C would also be scary but not as scaRRy as LT!

273092[/snapback]

I was going to post the same thing. A young guy at guard isn't that bad. I wouldn't start a rookie at center either.

If I could trade for a starting caliber LT(Shelton), I would. I would leave the right side of the line as is. I have no problem with either Tucker or Gandy at LG and either Teague or Tucker at center. If the Bills don't get Shelton, I'm tempted to move MW to LT and try Jason Peters at RT. If he's not ready, I'd probably go with Teague at LT and Tucker at center. If Sobieski is still with the team and can stay healthy, he is also an option on the interior of the line