Special K commercial

IBTG81

Go old school, Ed, and track down Frank Sinatra's version.

273046[/snapback]

You're right, Sinatra's version is cool!

BTW, you're a Sinatra fan, right? Do you see Morrissey becoming the next Frank? If you ever see him live, you'd understand. Not to mention, he does hang with his daughter 24/7.

You're right, Sinatra's version is cool!

BTW, you're a Sinatra fan, right? Do you see Morrissey becoming the next Frank? If you ever see him live, you'd understand. Not to mention, he does hang with his daughter 24/7.

273389[/snapback]

No one will ever become the next Frank, but I'm biased. If anyone got close it was Harry Connick Jr. He croons like Frank, he's acted on TV and in the movies (Memphis Belle...a helluva movie) like Frank and he's tried producing some stupid music stylings (Star Turtle made almost as much as sense to me as Sinatra's "LA Is My Lady.")

But no one will ever become the next Frank simply because Sinatra wasn't just singing, acting, joking and partying. Frank was a way of living, and you'll never see that attitude from a performer again.

To get a good glimpse of that, I recommend two very good Sinatra reads: "The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Living" is really quite good at getting a look at the "stylings" of Mr. Sinatra.

The second book, and the one I have preferred overall, is called Why Sinatra Maters. Pete Hamill probably pens the most realistic look at Sinatra, and you're completely in by the end of the first few pages. At least I was.

Few performers are revered like Frank, for their impact on music and living as well as longevity through thick and thin. But like I said. I'm biased. I think he's fuggin' great.

No one will ever become the next Frank, but I'm biased. If anyone got close it was Harry Connick Jr. He croons like Frank, he's acted on TV and in the movies (Memphis Belle...a helluva movie) like Frank and he's tried producing some stupid music stylings (Star Turtle made almost as much as sense to me as Sinatra's "LA Is My Lady.")

But no one will ever become the next Frank simply because Sinatra wasn't just singing, acting, joking and partying. Frank was a way of living, and you'll never see that attitude from a performer again.

To get a good glimpse of that, I recommend two very good Sinatra reads: "The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Living" is really quite good at getting a look at the "stylings" of Mr. Sinatra.

The second book, and the one I have preferred overall, is called Why Sinatra Maters. Pete Hamill probably pens the most realistic look at Sinatra, and you're completely in by the end of the first few pages. At least I was.

Few performers are revered like Frank, for their impact on music and living as well as longevity through thick and thin. But like I said. I'm biased. I think he's fuggin' great.

273529[/snapback]

Yeah he was a great preformer and all BUT he was no Alla! 0:)