News on the Womack Front

Bills | A Front-Runner to Sign Womack - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:44:48 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Buffalo Bills are one of the front-runners to sign free agent OL Floyd Womack (Seahawks).

Packers | A Front-Runner to Sign Womack - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:42:20 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Green Bay Packers are one of the front-runners to sign free agent OL Floyd Womack (Seahawks).

it seems like we're involved in a bidding struggle for womack and demulling

Some guy on the Detroit Lion message board thinks the lions just signed DeMulling but he can't confirm. Let's hope he is just talking out of his........

272560[/snapback]

People should expect Demulling to be a Lion...they have more money than we do. Simple as that. We are offering him a chance to start, so are they...AND the Lions are willing to throw boatloads of money at him in the process. Not surprising at all to me because of our salary cap situation.

I went back to check out the Lions Message Board, fortunately for us the guy has no clue. Even the other lion fans weren't impressed.

272580[/snapback]

I still see him landing in Detroit though...if he really wanted to be here, he'd have signed on with us by now, or soon after his visit. He's probably just using the Bills as a scare tactic to get Detroit to up their money offer to him. Lots of players do this. And knowing Detroit's idiotic ownership and GM, they'll easily buckle and send him the cash he wants.

I still see him landing in Detroit though...if he really wanted to be here, he'd have signed on with us by now, or soon after his visit.  He's probably just using the Bills as a scare tactic to get Detroit to up their money offer to him.  Lots of players do this.  And knowing Detroit's idiotic ownership and GM, they'll easily buckle and send him the cash he wants.

272584[/snapback]

They only do that for bad players.

Damien Woody absolutely balled for them last year.

272588[/snapback]

I had read repeatedly that he came in fat and lazy, was crappy for the first several games and then started playing pretty well after mid-season and by the end of the year was playing very well. That is not really what you want out of a 20 million dollar guy, IMO.