More Henry insight

VABills

NFL Network reports Travis Henry is hurting his trade value with exhorbitant contract demands.

Henry reportedly wants a $7 million signing bonus to match LaMont Jordan before a deal is completed. While the money may sound reasonable, teams aren't thrilled to pay a draft pick and big bucks with the glut of talent available in the draft and on the market. Mar. 11 - 7:30 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=NFL

I predict that one day the NFL will conduct classes for new rookies on the "Travis Henry - don't let this happen to YOU!" case.

Dumb as dirt, run-from-the-po-leece fast, signing with a Dumbkopf agent for less than market value, getting balls deep in a 14 year-old, playing your heart out in a losing cause, and losing your starting position because you've been outflanked by a shrewd front office that senses you've shot your best load sometime in the past, and then suddenly, there's a new stud in town.

Must be something to be on the downside of your career when you're 26.

He'll be broke by the time he's 30. He's beginning to remind me more and more of Dwayne Thomas.

Personally I think the Raiders overrpaid for Lamont Jordan..even though he was in the shadow of Curtis Martin, I really don't see him any better then a backup running back..he had one good game..and that was against miami on monday night..where both martin and jordan ran for over a buck 50 on a depleted miami d

I imagine whatever team trades for him wants a long term deal in place first seeing they will be giving something up for him.

271986[/snapback]

thats what one would think, but from the rumors surrounding trading him to az, it was the opposite. Denny green wanted to see him play for them before laying down big bucks.

But that also doesnt make much sense b/c travis has no leverage - he is signed and would have to go where traded, then playout his 1 year.

I cant blame him much - at 26, with a 3-4 year deal, this may be his last shot a big payday. I would just think he would want to go somewhere and play his last year out, increase his exposure and get a nice contract in free agency.

Wow Henry is really stupider then I thought. He should have played the year out in Arizona, racked up the stats like we already know he can do, then hit paydirt next offseason. Now he's most likely going to be riding the bench this year, and his value next year is going to be lower then ever. I really don't mid that anyway, I'm sure McGahee will get knicked up here and there, and Henry can fill in. I'de also like to make Henry regret the fact that he didn't play out his contract in Arizona.

I predict that one day the NFL will conduct classes for new rookies on the "Travis Henry - don't let this happen to YOU!" case.

Dumb as dirt, run-from-the-po-leece fast, signing with a Dumbkopf agent for less than market value, getting balls deep in a 14 year-old, playing your heart out in a losing cause, and losing your starting position because you've been outflanked by a shrewd front office that senses you've shot your best load sometime in the past, and then suddenly, there's a new stud in town.

Must be something to be on the downside of your career when you're 26.

He'll be broke by the time he's 30. He's beginning to remind me more and more of Dwayne Thomas.

271958[/snapback]

you give dirt a bad name!! there are some living creatures in it! a bag of rocks is more like it.