Inside the Pylon: AJ McCarron - The Trait-Based Evolution

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i listened to gr and 950all day. i cannot believe the ignorance displayed by so many so called fans.

1.)" if a.j. was so good...why didn't he unseat dalton?"  well how about dalton was drafted and paid as a franchise qb and marvin lewis would not allow any qb controversy to occur. not to mention dalton took cincy to the playoffs almost every year since he was drafted...3 rounds higher.

2.) we could have just landed one helluva qb that could have us fighting for the division title this year. he is heads and above any qb we've had since kelly and that includes bledsoe. ....but people always have to make ignorant snark.

3.) i'm all for drafting mayfield....but just because we draft a qb in the 1st doesn't mean we have to throw a qb whose goin to be winning games under the bus just because he was drafted high. if he sits a year and then there's a competition, fine....not to mention that we didn't have to give a lot up to get us in the position we are in. tt for the 1st in the 3rd and cordy to move up 9 spots?....merry christmas to us.

4.) having a.j. doesn't mean we have to move up. josh allen will most likely be there at 12 if we want to take a project. my prediction all along has been that we will deal with the browns for no.4. the tt trade laid the groundwork, and the signs are obvious that's where we're heading.

lastly...aj. could be that franchise type of qb that the front office feels fine staying at 12 and seeing what falls to us. maybe they take r. smith or vita vea( we need one more young stud dt) and take rudolph at 22. maybe if things fall a certain way , they trade back for more picks and possibly someone's next years 1st. either way, right now we have 12/22 vs 21/22 thanks to simply moving an oft injured lt.

these guys got the bases covered. they are ready for any possible scenario. a.j. is going to turn out to be the steal of the year and put us on the map. we won't need a miracle for at least a wc spot. yet some posters( mainly the 3 year e.j.supporters and 3 yr.tt supporters) will criticize any move they make at qb.

this staff has it together like i have never seen since polian/levy. i have never had so much faith and hope in this fo since the sb era. i am out of my mind excited to see what happens each and every day. thank you so much terry and kim!!!!

Im sorry but I think it's fair to question why McCarron never passed Dalton.  If memory serves, Dalton was a 2d round pick, and his contract does not befit a franchise passer.  Only about 20% of his money was guaranteed, and there were/are easy outs after years 2 and 4.  I can't believe a frugal organization like Cincinnati wouldn't have preferred mccarron to dalton at about half of daltons cap hit if it thought the two are close in ability. 

7 hours ago, Direhard Fan said:

Cheaper than TT.  That's all I see.  Another backup QB just like TT was and he didn't pan out.  I still would rather have TT .  

Would either of them take you to the Super Bowl

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Im sorry but I think it's fair to question why McCarron never passed Dalton.  If memory serves, Dalton was a 2d round pick, and his contract does not befit a franchise passer.  Only about 20% of his money was guaranteed, and there were/are easy outs after years 2 and 4.  I can't believe a frugal organization like Cincinnati wouldn't have preferred mccarron to dalton at about half of daltons cap hit if it thought the two are close in ability. 

But do remember that the past few years,  HC Marvin Lewis status was up in the air and he was not going to switch QBs and go with the unknown.  Sometimes, it is always not what it appears to be.  There are too many factors.   If AJ is as good as Dalton then he will be a great bridge QB