Cordy Trade - do you like it?

Bakin

Do you like the Glenn Trade?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Cordy Trade?

Obviously an elite trade.  Offloads a terrible contract from the previous regime, gets mid-second round value for a player with serious injury history who plays an extremely physically demanding position.  And, most notably, a replacement is already in place that played the second half of his rookie year at a pro bowl level.

How many thumbs do we have? Six? Fine, six thumbs up.

If it means we only have to give up our two first rounders and maybe a late round pick to move into the top 5 to get our franchise QB while still having a solid LT for the future in place and two second round picks and two third round picks and all of next years picks...YES YES a million times YES!!  Those draft picks can help us fill in talent for the future right away.  This was a very big deal.  Huge!  

13 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

So a dupe Glenn post.... But with a poll:)

Oddly, I'm shocked Bengals fans love this as much as they do. They don't seem to mind the $$, the injury, or oddest of all moving down. In fact, the like it because they were worried about reaching at 12. Man does that seem backwards. Shame they don't have any other higher picks:)

I live in Cincinnati, and the Bengals fans only like this because they did something. Remember, the Bengals don't have a GM and the owner likes to maintain relationships even if that means keeping marginal talent well past the the expiration date or keeping problem players even when the distraction overcomes their usefulness on the field. The Bengals have needed a complete roster turnover and a culture change (not to mention a coaching change) for a while now and the fans see this a baby steps in that direction.

As for me, I love the trade. I like that the Bills are swinging for the fences for the first time in a long time. It might not work out, but I won't hold it against them because at least they are trying.

• Thank you (+1) 1