Interesting article on the last 17 years QB drafts

15 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Cleveland isn't picking a QB #1

I can see the Browns taking Barkley at #1 (to get ahead of the Giants) and then using #4 on a QB, meaning neither Cleveland pick would be available for trade.   Too many trade up advocates seem not to understand that a team cannot trade up if the teams at the top aren't willing to trade down.  In both 2011 and 2012, there was no way that either Carolina or Indy were going to trade out of the #1 pick no matter how much another team offered them.

17 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I can see the Browns taking Barkley at #1 (to get ahead of the Giants) and then using #4 on a QB, meaning neither Cleveland pick would be available for trade.   Too many trade up advocates seem not to understand that a team cannot trade up if the teams at the top aren't willing to trade down.  In both 2011 and 2012, there was no way that either Carolina or Indy were going to trade out of the #1 pick no matter how much another team offered them.

Yep, which is completely my point on a trade up.  I don't think anyone is pretending the top QBs don't have flaws, which is why they are actually available in a trade up, but we haven't had anyone near their potential in the building in 2 decades.