Vic C & Greg Gabriel - Don't see Bills moving up in RD1

Reed83HOF

On 2/26/2018 at 6:12 PM, NewDayBills said:

I don't think this class is as good as people think, it could turn out that way but Darnold turned the ball over a lot, Rosen's character has been likened to Jay Cutler, Josh Allen only completed 56% of his passes. I think we should wait till RD2. I don't think we should get emotionally invested into the 4th or 5th best guy, we made that mistake with Losman. Eli, Rivers and Big Ben go 1, 2 and 3, then Buffalo burned a 1st on Losman. If it's not there, it's not there.

I disagree. Rosens character gimmick is lazy. The guys dad is the top surgeon in the country. He doesnt have to play football. Hell doesnt even have to go to college. Kid could jus laze around and slang mary jane to his rich college buddies all day. He plays football because he wants to. Darnold needs a lot of work but Rosen and Mayfield can both start right out of the gate. If two become stars and 2 to 3 become servicable starters it would be the next best thing to the 1983 draft.

6 QBs picked. 3 became Hall of Famers, 1 a pro bowler, 1 a servicable starter, and 1 a complete bust.

On 2/26/2018 at 6:04 PM, 3rdand12 said:

Depends. 21 and 22 are a kinda sweet spot. You can trade up a bit, maybe use one of those a second and next years something something.
But they can pick up some very good positional focused players, and fill holes needed now or soon to come. and overall I feel that is more effective this year considering where the Bills are.

JMO if Bills are going hard for  Franchise QB ?

I think they go FA. 

Still draft one this year. Just don't go leaping Tall Buildings to get there please.

This is the year we learn about purely Beane, and his Team. I look forward to watching this unfold !

Go Bills !

I figured they would do something like that and keep the 2nd 1st rounder.

Even if we did give up both 1st round picks this year  and a 2nd round next year to move up, we would still have 2 second round picks, a 3rd a 4th and a 5th this year, so we wouldnt be sacrificing a draft for one player. Everything else can be handled in FA and we could draft our QB for the future.

Your right tho, this year will show us all about Beane

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/27/2018 at 5:51 AM, joesixpack said:

Better not try then amirite?

No, you definitely try. But only if OBD is 100% confident that this is their guy. You don't draft one to draft one, especially if we are blowing all of our draft capital in the process. Amirite?

On 2/26/2018 at 6:57 PM, NewEra said:

The browns drafted Kessler in rd 1?  The browns have traded a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron?  I’m SO confused.  

annnnnd this is what happens when you drink and post. You're right, not sure where I got that from.