Packers front office pulls a fast on the fans.

Rudyc80

As you all know the packers announced Farve will return....which makes packer fans happier then if they had won 1 million $$$$, but with all the Farve returning talk, the Packers did something very quietly on the side or should i say in the background as the fans celebrated.

They released their best defender in Sharper. This is a team whos secondary already was a joke but now might be the worse in the NFL with the release of Sharper. The packs front office did this with greta timing....how can you be upset about that news when farve is returning? I give the packers credit since now they might have the worse defense in football while the vikes have improved greatly.

But hey its ok cause Frave is playing one more year behind a terrible oline. very good heads up move by the packs except they are really gonna suck with or without Farve.

all teh storys in Gb papers tomorrow will read....FARVE BACK FOR FINAL SEASON....and on the bottom of the article it will say......News and notes, the Green Bay Packers release Darren Sharper on Thursday who was their only good player on the defense. LMAO

As you all know the packers announced Farve will return....which makes packer fans happier then if they had won 1 million $$$$, but with all the Farve returning talk, the Packers did something very quietly on the side or should i say in the background as the fans celebrated.

They released their best defender in Sharper. This is a team whos secondary already was a joke but now might be the worse in the NFL with the release of Sharper. The packs front office did this with greta timing....how can you be upset about that news when farve is returning? I give the packers credit since now they might have the worse defense in football while the vikes have improved greatly.

But hey its ok cause Frave is playing one more year behind a terrible oline. very good heads up move by the packs except they are really gonna suck with or without Farve.

all teh storys in Gb papers tomorrow will read....FARVE BACK FOR FINAL SEASON....and on the bottom of the article it will say......News and notes, the Green Bay Packers release Darren Sharper on Thursday who was their only good player on the defense. LMAO

270282[/snapback]

i like the pack and love favre and also agree that they're losing good players. that said, with favre as qb - my all time preferred qb - they're good for 8+ wins no matter how sorry the rest of the unit is. plus they remain excellent at the skill positions. btw, sharper didn't have his best year last year, and the team probably knows more about his injury than you or i ...

270282[/snapback]

Reminds me of the "fast one" the Bills pulled in 1986 when they signed Jim Kelly...the very day, below the radar, they let Greg Bell go!

270282[/snapback]

you do realize he was due a roster bonus today, correct? they had to release him before that and didn't until yesterday because i'm sure they were hoping something could be worked out.........no media ploy intended, but keep fishing..........

Reminds me of the "fast one" the Bills pulled in 1986 when they signed Jim Kelly...the very day, below the radar, they let Greg Bell go!

270420[/snapback]

Historical Correction: They did not let Greg Bell go. He was sent to the Rams as part of the 3 team trade brought Bennet to Buffalo and Dickerson to the Colts.

Historical Correction:  They did not let Greg Bell go.  He was sent to the Rams as part of the 3 team trade brought Bennet to Buffalo and Dickerson to the Colts.

270500[/snapback]

Oh, sorry, it was actually Joe Cribbs I was thinking of...he was traded to the 49ers the day Kelly was signed...my bad...it was after Cribbs second stint with the Bills (after his USFL days!) I stand corrected, my memory is getting bad!