My Dumbest Idea Ever

Oh, great, just like high school gym class:

Captain 1: "I'll take the blind, one-legged leper."

Captain 2: "Oh, great, I guess I'm stuck with Gross then."

269071[/snapback]

One of my favorite ESPN commercials is when a bunch of NFL stars are playing pick up football in the park and the last guy left to choose is the kicker for the Jets - so they choose a mailman walking by instead... :o

One of my favorite ESPN commercials is when a bunch of NFL stars are playing pick up football in the park and the last guy left to choose is the kicker for the Jets - so they choose a mailman walking by instead...  :o

269263[/snapback]

0:)0:):) And I bet he can tell time, too...

I think it is for the NFL Network and David Akers was the kicker not chosen. Having Clifford Clavin as the mail man would have sealed the commercial's bid for the advertising hall of fame.

269456[/snapback]

It was O'Brien...

Yes. It was Akers. The Eagles jersey gave him away.  :o

269491[/snapback]

Well, I thought it was O'Brien wearing a Jets jersey (wasn't it White?) and didn't they show his name on the back?

Man, I must be going nuts.

Well, I thought it was O'Brien wearing a Jets jersey (wasn't it White?) and didn't they show his name on the back?

269504[/snapback]

IIRC, it was a dark green jersey.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Stadium Wall was split into two different ones. I would call one "The Stadium Wall Smackdown" and the other "The Stadium Wall is War". And then like we would have a draft and stuff and trades for posters. We would then get together for select events throughout the year!?

268973[/snapback]

Then we can change the name to stadiium wall entertainment and reduce the star power of the program by letting our top two performers like Stone Cold and The Rock go.

Then our chairman can get angry at reporters for asking if he even cares about his posters using steroids and then the chairman would attack the reporter.

btw, this all happened and are the reasons I dont really watch wrestling anymore.

269504[/snapback]

Yes you are, and you are all wrong on something.

1.) It's Akers

2.) They are wearing hooded sweatshirts, not jerseys

3.) It's a meter-man, not a mail-man.

0:)

No direct link, go here:

http://www.reebok.com/Static/useng/initiat...dia/index_b.asp

Click on the TV at the bottom.

2nd row of ads, first ad on left (you can see a player giving another a high-five).

"You need a kicker!" :o

Yes you are, and you are all wrong on something.

1.) It's Akers

2.) They are wearing hooded sweatshirts, not jerseys

3.) It's a meter-man, not a mail-man.

0:)

No direct link, go here:

http://www.reebok.com/Static/useng/initiat...dia/index_b.asp

Click on the TV at the bottom.

2nd row of ads, first ad on left (you can see a player giving another a high-five).

"You need a kicker!"  :o

269526[/snapback]

But it was a commercial right??? I did get something correct didn't I? 0:)

I searched Reebok.com and I couldn't find that. Where did you see commercials?

But it was a commercial right??? I did get something correct didn't I?  0:)

I searched Reebok.com and I couldn't find that.  Where did you see commercials?

269532[/snapback]

You actually have to go to the NFL Apparel area. There's a link there. The first thing I found was the press release, which said you could find the commercials on the site. Pretty convoluted, but since I knew they had to be there, I dug around...

Before I saw the out-takes, I never noticed there was a "kiddy table" in the Barry Sanders ad.

Oh, yeah, and of course the other thing you had wrong was that it wasn't an ESPN commercial.

So, to summarize:

One of my favorite ESPN (wrong! NFL Apparel) commercials is when a bunch of NFL stars are playing pick up football in the park (wrong! in the front yeard) and the last guy left to choose is the kicker for the Jets (wrong! Eagles) - so they choose a mailman (wrong! meter-man) walking by instead... 0:) (right, for once! :o:) )

But it was a commercial right??? I did get something correct didn't I?  :o

I searched Reebok.com and I couldn't find that.  Where did you see commercials?

269532[/snapback]

I guess any NFL Apparel commercial is a Reebok commercial as well since they have exclusive rights to produce the gear.

You actually have to go to the NFL Apparel area.  There's a link there.  The first thing I found was the press release, which said you could find the commercials on the site.  Pretty convoluted, but since I knew they had to be there, I dug around...

Before I saw the out-takes, I never noticed there was a "kiddy table" in the Barry Sanders ad.

Oh, yeah, and of course the other thing you had wrong was that it wasn't an ESPN commercial.

So, to summarize:

One of my favorite ESPN  (wrong!  NFL Apparel) commercials is when a bunch of NFL stars are playing pick up football in the park (wrong! in the front yeard) and the last guy left to choose is the kicker for the Jets (wrong! Eagles) - so they choose a mailman (wrong! meter-man) walking by instead...  0:)  (right, for once!  :o  :) )

269535[/snapback]

In my defense, I meant that I saw it on ESPN, not that it was for ESPN. Kicking the man while he's down... 0:)