Edgarrin James to be traded?

Not looking good for henry....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2008841

"Basically, they said that with the stadium, their salary cap situation, they could not make us a proposal beyond the qualifying offer," Rosenhaus said. "And Bill made it pretty clear he would entertain trade offers and, in fact, said he would consider trading 'Edge' for less than a first-round draft choice...

Polian told ESPN.com that he made the comments to Rosenhaus based on the agent's assessment that there is a depressed market in the NFL for running backs and that he was finding it difficult to locate potential trade partners.

Ugh..not looking good here folks

Not looking good for henry....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2008841

"Basically, they said that with the stadium, their salary cap situation, they could not make us a proposal beyond the qualifying offer," Rosenhaus said. "And Bill made it pretty clear he would entertain trade offers and, in fact, said he would consider trading 'Edge' for less than a first-round draft choice...

Polian told ESPN.com that he made the comments to Rosenhaus based on the agent's assessment that there is a depressed market in the NFL for running backs and that he was finding it difficult to locate potential trade partners.

Ugh..not looking good here folks

268574[/snapback]

not nessessarily, if Edge leaves town perhaps the colts will want to deal for T Hen. You never know.

At this point, I say hold onto Travis and see if someone is desperate for a RB later-on, like the Dols were last year. As for Edge, I can see Miami making a push for him, offering their 2nd rounder, which is basically a late 1st rounder. The Dols though haven't been in the running for Travis for awhile now, so no big change.

the long and short of it:

** Len Pasquarelli just reported on ESPNews that the Colts will attempt to trade RB Edgerrin James for salary cap reasons. Right now they have just over $6 million in cap room, which is right in the middle of the pack among the 32 teams. Last month the Colts designated him their franchise player, which translates into a one-year, $8.1 million contract under the "non-exclusive" tag. Trade speculation has focused on Miami, where James, a former Hurricanes star, calls his home. He is represented by agent Drew Rosenhaus who is based in Miami and represents several Dolphins.

$6m under the cap - why do the Colts need more cap room?  What are they gonna do with $14m in cap room if they trade James?

268602[/snapback]

Add more weapons for Manning :D

I can see Miami making a push for him, offering their 2nd rounder, which is basically a late 1st rounder. The Dols though haven't been in the running for Travis for awhile now, so no big change.

Miami traded their #2 for...GASP...AJ Feeley

I'm not looking forward to the point when the Bills need to re-sign McGahee if Rosenhaus is still his agent.

The ONLY saving grace to this is that a player can tell the agent exactly what to do. If a player wants to stay, it doesnt matter what the agent does, he is staying. I think that WM has a loyalty to the bills for drafting him and handling him appropriatly. This plays in our favor. However, he also probably has a loyalto to rosensnot for getting him drafted... All in all, if willis wants to stay...he will stay.

Not to mention, look at the RB out there now. Most are pretty young, and almost every team has a RB capable of 1000yds+. How much demand will there be for a willis in what 3-4 years? Who knows.