pup list question

nodnarb

Article LXIX, Section 8, Paragraph 2, Line 3 of the NFL rulebooks stipulates...

The New England Patriots are not subject to the same rules and guidlines presented hence as are the other 31 teams. Further, any and all rules which govern the New England Patriots are to be considered flexible and as such are to be exploited at any opportunity to their advantage

how is this? I thought if a player went to camp, they couldn't be pupped...

if this is possible, why wasn't TBrown pupped along with Losman to preseve 2 roster spots until week 6...or 8 or whatever

http://www.patsfans.com/stories/display_st...p?story_id=2486

19832[/snapback]

The PUP list is for those players that are injured BEFORE training camp starts. They may have been on site rehabbing, but as long as they did not practice during training camp, they are eligible. I could not tell based on the article you linked whether this was the case for those two guys, but unless /dev/null is right and BB doesn't have to follow the rules, this must have been the case.

McGahee was placed on the PUP last year because he was injured before training camp started and rehabbed and did not practice with the team during training camp.

how is this? I thought if a player went to camp, they couldn't be pupped...

if this is possible, why wasn't TBrown pupped along with Losman to preseve 2 roster spots until week 6...or 8 or whatever

http://www.patsfans.com/stories/display_st...p?story_id=2486

19832[/snapback]

According to the nfl gamebooks official stats, Cobbs and Chatham were not on the roster for game one, suited up but did not play even one play for two games, and were not active for one game. So neither of them played one down in a game. I'm not sure how it works, but apparently you can PUP them if they do not get in a game.

From my memory, neither Cobbs nor Chatham participated in training camp this year.

19870[/snapback]

Well, that makes sense, because the only way you can be eligible for the PUP is if you were injured BEFORE traning camp begins AND you do not practice with the team during training camp.

You can attend meetings and rehab, but that is it.

Well, that makes sense, because the only way you can be eligible for the PUP is if you were injured BEFORE traning camp begins AND you do not practice with the team during training camp.

You can attend meetings and rehab, but that is it.

20360[/snapback]

As I posted above, according to the official stats on NFL.COM, they both dressed for two games this pre-season, but did not play in them. And it lists all players that were dressed and played, were dressed and did not play, and were inactive.