New Bills Regimes - do teams eventually figure out how to beat us?

49 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Teams eventually figure out how to combat everything - that's why you have to adapt, change, and "be multiple".  If you do one thing and expect that it's always going to work, you will be unemployed soon.  Rex basically admitted that teams had "caught up" to his defense the week before he was canned.

This ^^^.  

I must have missed the part where Rex admitted this, shocking if true.  But no surprise he had no idea how to adapt and make changes.

4 hours ago, All I Need is Hope said:

Does anyone think that our good starts with new regimes / philosophies / schemes are based upon teams not "figuring us out" because there's not a lot of tape on us yet?  And that eventually, they do figure us out, and our marginal talent can't beat decent teams "straight up"? 

I truly hope that this isn't the case and that this staff / front office is really competent and beginning to transform the culture.  However, it seemed like the Jets defensive scheme of lining up their d-line wide and the delayed blitzes neutralized a lot of what the offense is predicated on.

I suppose that time will tell, and I hope I'm wrong.

Thoughts?

In some ways yes this is exactly what happens especially during transition years like this one where Beane and McD are working with a roster that is still devoid of talent in a lot of areas.

Biggest problem is most our core players are guys that simply don't know how to win because they have never been to the playoffs, especially the core vets on this team that have been around for a while like Wood, Glenn, Incognito, Preston Brown, Kyle Williams etc.

The true test for McD and his staff is whether or not this team plays better down the stretch. Because even with the holes and lack of depth we have we can still make a playoff push if the coaching holds firm. After all isn't this what the process is all about that McD's preaching?

Scheme and talent go hand in hand. In a perfect world you have both great scheme and talent. Most teams don't.

It's an interesting point that a new coaches scheme may get figured out after some initial success, but in the end any good coach will need to adjust scheme in-game and in-season and to a lesser extent off-season. I hope we found that coach. Off-season is the time to improve the talent to fit the scheme (and/or tweak it).

IMO we made a rare significant in-season addition adding Benjamin. I'm optimistic that will keep this season on an upward trajectory.

Go Bills!

The OPs thought would make sense with all the good starts and mid to end season stalls.

Hope its not the case this year but, what this team lacks in talent they make up for in preperation and execution, we didnt look prepared thursday and the score reflected that.