Demulling in Buffalo today

Dan III

Yep...thats a very good comparison...DeMulling had a very good season in 2004...I'd love to see him come in and fill our LG spot so that way Gandy can be used as depth instead of as a starter.

264539[/snapback]

I'd certainly feel a whole lot better about that left side if DeMulling signs. He doesn't solve all the Bills problems over there by any stretch, but at least they'd have one quality veteran over there. On the downside, its looking more and more like LT is either going to be Trey Teague or a rookie and I'm not sure which one I'd dread seeing at that position more. I know a rookie will struggle over there, but on the other hand, I remember Teague's LT days from Denver. Not good at all.

I'd certainly feel a whole lot better about that left side if DeMulling signs.  He doesn't solve all the Bills problems over there by any stretch,  but at least they'd have one quality veteran over there.  On the downside,  its looking more and more like LT is either going to be Trey Teague or a rookie and I'm not sure which one I'd dread seeing at that position more.  I know a rookie will struggle over there,  but on the other hand,  I remember Teague's LT days from Denver.  Not good at all.

264541[/snapback]

If you put Teague at LT, then who do you put at C?

264544[/snapback]

Ross Tucker ;)

I think if we can sign demulling. Move Mike Williams over to lt. this too me seems to be our best option as there aren't many good lts out in free agency, and I'd feel better about having someone over there with experience rather than a rookie. Demulling at lg. Trey Teague at center, villiarail at rg, and draft a khallif barnes, anthony munoz just my $.02 :D

This was the Guard i wanted (other than Wahle) from the moment FA started. I hope TD didn't/doesn't let him get on a plane without agreeing in principle to a contract.

Heres hoping!

264544[/snapback]

They'd probably have to draft a C to compete with Tucker. There's really not much doubt in my mind at this point that the Bills are going to have at least one rookie starting up front.

They'd probably have to draft a C to compete with Tucker.  There's really not much doubt in my mind at this point that the Bills are going to have at least one rookie starting up front.

264700[/snapback]

As long as that rookie is:

1) Our 2nd round pick

2) An Interior O-Lineman

Then I think we'll be solid. I dont want to see a 3rd round Tackle be plugged into our starting lineup or it'll end very badly. But, a guy like Chris Spencer as our Center would actually improve our O-Line IMHO.

I put the following question to the Colts fans on a message board:

Apparently the Bills are having Rick DeMulling in for a look-n-see.

Will Colts fans be bummed to see him go? Or will they think they are losing an avg. OG?

Here is the interesting reply:

First and foremost, the guard position is probably the easiest position to replace in the NFL. The Colts are obviously using this idealology with DeMulling.

When the Colts franchised Edge and signed Ryan Diem to a monster deal, DeMulling was all but gone. The final nail in DeMullings' coffin was the tendering of Situpe Peko. The Colts now have Peko and Ryan Lilja as capable fill-in's for DeMulling.

DeMulling was originally a 7th-round pick in the '01 draft. The mere fact that he's starting is an ode to his ability. With that being said, the OL for the Colts gets a little more credit than they deserve. Next to Brett Favre, Peyton Manning has one of the quickest releases in football. He has been sacked only 31 times over his past 32 regular-season games. These low sack totals create the mirage that the Colts' OL is amazing. Good, yes. Amazing, no. The Chiefs' OL is amazing.

Whoever signs DeMulling will be netting a solid guard. However, they will probably also overpay based on the perceived success of IND's OL from the last two years.

I put the following question to the Colts fans on a message board:

Apparently the Bills are having Rick DeMulling in for a look-n-see.

Will Colts fans be bummed to see him go? Or will they think they are losing an avg. OG?

Here is the interesting reply:

First and foremost, the guard position is probably the easiest position to replace in the NFL. The Colts are obviously using this idealology with DeMulling.

When the Colts franchised Edge and signed Ryan Diem to a monster deal, DeMulling was all but gone. The final nail in DeMullings' coffin was the tendering of Situpe Peko. The Colts now have Peko and Ryan Lilja as capable fill-in's for DeMulling.

DeMulling was originally a 7th-round pick in the '01 draft. The mere fact that he's starting is an ode to his ability. With that being said, the OL for the Colts gets a little more credit than they deserve. Next to Brett Favre, Peyton Manning has one of the quickest releases in football. He has been sacked only 31 times over his past 32 regular-season games. These low sack totals create the mirage that the Colts' OL is amazing. Good, yes. Amazing, no. The Chiefs' OL is amazing.

Whoever signs DeMulling will be netting a solid guard. However, they will probably also overpay based on the perceived success of IND's OL from the last two years.

264841[/snapback]

Excellent, thats one of the best analysis(or analyses) Ive heard on this board in a while. I like what i hear though.

Madden ramifications of this move: Demulling is a guy who is solid(like an 87) but his rating is slightly inflated by awareness.

Since some people on this board treat the bills like a madden franchise I figured they might be interested in that info.