So, who is the Browns quarterback?

bbb

Now, with Holcomb and Garcia gone, who is the incumbent qb for the Browns? Also, what was the name of that guy who started a few games for them a few years ago, who looked like he was going to be good and then fizzled. I think he was a shorter guy from Georgia or Georgia Tech.

Now, with Holcomb and Garcia gone, who is the incumbent qb for the Browns?  Also, what was the name of that guy who started a few games for them a few years ago, who looked like he was going to be good and then fizzled.  I think he was a shorter guy from Georgia or Georgia Tech.

264076[/snapback]

The incumbent is Luke McCown. Though as BGIM said they could soon be trading for Trent Dilfer but he's expected to be the backup to McCown. I think the player you're thinking is of Eric Zeier (went to Georgia) who was drafted the same year as Todd Collins but's been out of the NFL for quite some time, 4 years last I checked.

I was wondering the same thing myself. Couch was cut last year, Garcia is gone. Holcomb is a Buffalo Bill. A quick check of the Browns depth chart reveals.....

12 MCCOWN, LUKE QB 6-3 212 07/12/1981 1 Louisiana Tech

07 HARRIS, JOSH QB 6-1 238 09/09/1982 1 Bowling Green

That's it.

Thanks, everybody! Jokeman - yup, it was Zeier that I was thinking of. I remember listening to Felser talk about how great this kid was going to be and it looked that way for a little while and then he just fizzled.