Thoughts On The Game With a Non-Vague Title

boyst

I think you are just used to the coaching staff not being able to make adjustments. Well now our coaching staff seems to be able to do so. After the bye, Shady has two solid rushing performances and the o-line looks better. There has been better protection for Taylor of later too. The team is learning itself and figuring out what works. Don't know what you're looking at but this is how I see things. Teams/players can actually improve throughout a season. I believe that's what our o-line and run game is doing.

this is a good point. we saw adaptions today that we have not seen in years. even pre-gailey.

and they weren't just on one side of the ball. i don't know much about the management by mcdermott but if he is letting his coordinators run an autonomous unit than it is working well. it would seem to make sense as decisions are being made during possessions as series occur.

the best case in point was during the first quarter, toward the end as the momentum seemed to turn against the Bills. the offense did not change what they were doing overall just changed a few mechanisms and especially on offense. they changed from a straight ahead attack to a downfield attack giving options to taylor in the passing game. mccoy didn't get his feet underneath him until after this occurred. it was the passes to zay jones that showed this game would be different early and boy was it.

it was a game we have not seen in maybe a decade.

I tried to reply but the thread was closed. The game is never over until it's over. I'm still cautiously waiting on calling this a winspend more time here and you'll realize I know football and am actually pretty samrt

Bro you're honestly not alone in feeling the way you feel and thinking the way you think. We've all been through it with you. I highly doubt that more than 10% of the people on this site are "new" Bills fans. We've all been through the heartbreaks year after year.

I unserstand you're not comfortable with many things going on on the field as far as QB play, playcalling etc. but, I think it's time for us to just lay back, enjoy these wins and take a 1 game at a time approach.

Nobody can say that our wins came against teams with losing records. The Jets win in Week 1 it was a fresh season. Since then we've beaten the Broncos, Falcons, Bucs and Raiders. Every team besides the Bucs in those 4 wins, majority of Bills fans on this site had us losing to those teams. But we made it out of the games with a victory. Yes the games were close and if Tre doesn't force the fumble last week, more than lilely we would've lost. But we didn't.

We're undefeated at home. We have experience beating good teams. The next big test is New England. Can this team beat the Patriots? We'll find out later in the season. But til that day comes, we need to take it 1 week at a time, 1 game at a time and hopefully win the majority of them before we 1st face the Pats.

Me personally, I just want the playoff drought to be over. Once THAT'S taken care of, then I will still take it 1 game at a time and see how far we can make it.

But I'm not looking past the Jets is the point I'm getting at. I'm only focusing on this upcoming game and I feel GREAT tonight. 5 and 2 man...

I think you are just used to the coaching staff not being able to make adjustments. Well now our coaching staff seems to be able to do so. After the bye, Shady has two solid rushing performances and the o-line looks better. There has been better protection for Taylor of later too. The team is learning itself and figuring out what works. Don't know what you're looking at but this is how I see things. Teams/players can actually improve throughout a season. I believe that's what our o-line and run game is doing.

And that's what the Pats seem to do every year. They may start off slow but they always figure things out and then hit the playoffs on a roll. They peak at the end of the season as they should.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

he was referencing another threads comment made in jest.

Basically said I was still worried we would screw up with 6 minutes left.

Sorry. And you're not alone. as a Bills watcher of 54 years, I pondered all the scenarios on how this win could go south as soon as the Raiders scored their second TD. It's just how I've been conditioned. Sure was nice to be wrong.