ESPN FA QB rankings

First, let me say that I love the Holcomb signing. Backup QB was a huge need, and I am happy to see it filled.

My question here is how the heck did ESPN rank the FA QBs? They have the following players ranked ahead of Holcomb:

Vinnie Chiliverde

Quincy 'sniff sniff' Carter

Jeff Blake

Gus Ferotte

Did they watch any Dallas games this year? Do they realize Carter is in rehab again? Blake? Ferotte?

I realize Holcomb isn't of the same caliber as McNabb, but behind that fearsome foursome? I just don't get it.

Finally--for what it's worth--I would have preferred Holcomb to our past started in 2004. That's how much I like this signing.

First, let me say that I love the Holcomb signing.  Backup QB was a huge need, and I am happy to see it filled. 

My question here is how the heck did ESPN rank the FA QBs?  They have the following players ranked ahead of Holcomb:

Vinnie Chiliverde

Jeff Blake

Gus Ferotte

Did they watch any Dallas games this year?  Do they realize Carter is in rehab again?  Blake?  Ferotte?

I realize Holcomb isn't of the same caliber as McNabb, but behind that fearsome foursome?  I just don't get it.

Finally--for what it's worth--I would have preferred Holcomb to our past started in 2004.  That's how much I like this signing.

263829[/snapback]

Didn't they also say Moulds was the 45th (!!) best receiver in football after catching almost 90 balls last year??

First, let me say that I love the Holcomb signing.  Backup QB was a huge need, and I am happy to see it filled. 

My question here is how the heck did ESPN rank the FA QBs?  They have the following players ranked ahead of Holcomb:

Vinnie Chiliverde

Jeff Blake

Gus Ferotte

Did they watch any Dallas games this year?  Do they realize Carter is in rehab again?  Blake?  Ferotte?

I realize Holcomb isn't of the same caliber as McNabb, but behind that fearsome foursome?  I just don't get it.

Finally--for what it's worth--I would have preferred Holcomb to our past started in 2004.  That's how much I like this signing.

263829[/snapback]

Good question. I too, can't figure out how so called "experts" don't have a grasp of the assessment of QBs in the NFL the way we here at TBD do ! It's laughable, really. Ha Ha Ha.

Well at least jeff george wasnt on the list!!

I think it has something to do with Kelley not being a starting QB. he is good enough to be one, but really hasnt been one for any extended period of time.

I am still shocked he chose to come here and be a backup rather than stay in cleveland and likely be the starter this season.

I was hoping the Bills would sign either Holcomb, Jim Miller or Gus Frerotte! I always liked Miller (saw lots of Bears games when he and Shane Matthews were starting, Miller was much better) I am happy...but a little surprised. It seemed as though Holcomb had a better chance to start in Clevland (even had they traded for Dilfer) than anywhere else...it is looking more and more like some of these older vets who view themselves as starters, are going to be left on the outside looking in.

I was hoping the Bills would sign either Holcomb, Jim Miller or Gus Frerotte! I always liked Miller (saw lots of Bears games when he and Shane Matthews were starting, Miller was much better) I am happy...but a little surprised.  It seemed as though Holcomb had a better chance to start in Clevland (even had they traded for Dilfer) than anywhere else...it is looking more and more like some of these older vets who view themselves as starters, are going to be left on the outside looking in.

263900[/snapback]

To take that kind of money either he was told he will compete for the job OR

he sees the frailty and inexperience of the guy who's been given the job.