Controversial Calls from Week 6: NYJ TD and Rodgers Hit

ok my bad, I thought we had concluded that AR was entitled to the same protection outside the pocket as a passer in the circumstances. If you agree with that statement and if you think it would have been flagged had it occured inside the pocket than you would logically have to say it should also be flagged outside the pocket.

BTW imo you would be better off referencing someone like Dungy, a real man worthy of respect, to support your argument. I can remember many stupid calls secondary men like Blandino and Perreira defended in their official capacities.

There are different QB protections inside the pocket vs. outside. At any rate, I saw no deliberate throwing to the ground as some here have claimed. I instead saw a form tackle and wrap with an unfortunate outcome. I happen to agree with them on both of the controversial calls that are the subjects of discussion in this thread irrespective of any of their past transgressions. Again, there was no flag thrown and there will be no fine or suspension in the aftermath. Good, clean hit by Barr.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their are different QB protections inside the pocket vs. outside. At any rate, I saw no deliberate throwing to the ground as some here have claimed. I instead saw a form tackle and wrap with an unfortunate outcome. I happen to agree with them on both of the controversial calls that are the subjects of discussion in this thread irrespective of any of their past transgressions. Again, there was no flag thrown and there will be no fine or suspension in the aftermath. Good, clean hit by Barr.

Funny how different people can see different things viewing the same tape. Anyway it a shame the best player in the league will now be exiting the stage. Advantage Brady and the Pats.