McDermott's Influence on Offense

ROONDOGG55

This is why you don't have defensive corrdinators as head coach . They don't have a clue whats needed . You think Dennison wanted Tolbert a friend of the coach to be the primary backup to Shady; You think he wanted Sammy gone . You think he wanted Duucasse as his guard when he seen this line face stacked 8-9 fronts for two years and still lead the NFL in rushing Heck No..... as for McBeane vision what is it ? To get rid of as many young players and replace with sub standard older replacements .

I think their vision has to do with placing vets with a "winning / professional" mentality in place to groom the new cast of young players they bring in. Obviously, we "as fans" look at youth and talent over actually being a healthy asset in the locker room. These guys want to build a lunch pale / blue collar team that comes in to work. Not guys that miss meetings, show up late, have a me first mentality, and so on. From a distant standpoint, I agree with that, but we will see how this philosophy does in the long run. Hopefully for the best, but only time will tell. This first season won't show us much other than the fact that they are willing to move on with anyone that doesn't agree or "jump on board".

about as much as the present coach and gm...........Nothing

Idk about that. McDermott took over as DC with Philly and failed before having tremendous success with the Panthers. Beane jumped around between personnel and financial positions with the Panthers and also had tremendous success. You can argue that their success is directly attributed to their leadership, but McD called the defensive plays, while Dennison never did. Beane took over as interim GM and performed admirably until the permanent GM was chosen who decided to keep Beane on board because of his well rounded knowledge. From what I see, Dennison has always played second fiddle to Kubiak as an OC.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McD and Beane are betting their careers on Castillo and Dennison till now unless the goal is to tank jmo

I think they would have gone another route if they saw this coming. Just curious, but I see a lot of comments on how Dennison wasn't McDermott's first choice. I wonder who the first choice was, and why they went in a separate direction?