Well, it was only a matter of time until someone opened the flood gates of the "we dont have the cap money" posts. You win the prize. How much have we spent so far? Thanks!

262106[/snapback]

CP pointed out that due to an escalator for Wire we only have a bit over 5 million to spend.

That's why I think Priouleau is a goner and MW will be restructured.

Okay even if true, which I don't think is, Rivera who is Mayberrys age and is a RG got a 5 year 20 million dollar deal.  That 4 million per. 

Again we don't have the cap space.

262102[/snapback]

what position is wahle playing for CAR? right tackle......that is the kind of money he got paid...........what position is mayberry going to play for his future team? guard........hence, he'll get guard money.......this isn't a difficult concept.......

i don't think mayberry will see as much money as rivera because he isn't as highly regarded........3M per sounds about right, and i'd love to see a 4 year deal with around a 5M signing bonus.......cut him after 3 and have him on the roster for cap hits of around 2, 2.5, and 2.5 (dead cap last year of 1.25M).........

You will not get a quality backup QB for vet minimum.  You will get a Rodney Peete for vet minimum.

You need more than 1 backup running back,  you also need someone who can start 3 or 4 games (Williams is a nice changeup but can't start)

Campbell is hurt and if rumor are correct may miss half the season

Nuge will be gone late first early 2nd

I would not start on rookie even at guard

Mcgee is a good nickle, I do not like him starting

WR - agreed

LB - you can get one solid one in the draft, but we probably need 2 (there are only so many 2nd and 3rd round picks that we get)

Agreed safety can come from draft - not sure about 6th round though

262120[/snapback]

I will have to disagree and move on. Your version of spending our cap money is watering down the Bills overall talent by spreading the cash as far out as it will go. To me thats a downfgrade and I think a team this close needs a few studs, not the cheaper by the dozen version.

CP pointed out that due to an escalator for Wire we only have a bit over 5 million to spend.

That's why I think Priouleau is a goner and MW will be restructured.

262124[/snapback]

there is little doubt this team can create cap space if they choose to.......

When we still don't have a LT, or a vet QB to backup Losman?  Yes

I see us getting a 3rd QB in the draft, later rounds

We probably draft our backup RB (GORE) in the 4th round or so

We still need a solid TE

We may need a kicker

We need a LG and LT

We need a #2 corner, IMHO

We probably draft another DT

We may need another WR depending on Reed and Aiken

We need LB depth seriously (either FA or high draft picks)

With 2 safeties likely gone we need one.

We are a long way from a solid team.

With only about 5 million in real FA money, then yes, let's not blow it all on 1 left guard.

262096[/snapback]

MY opinions on these positions in BOLD....

I see us getting a 3rd QB in the draft, later rounds FREE AGENT ROOKIE OR VET OR MAYBE A VERY LATE ROUNDER DEPENDING ON WHO IS AVAILABLE

We probably draft our backup RB (GORE) in the 4th round or so AGREED IF WE DONT SIGN A YOUNGER VET

We still need a solid TE I THINK TD WILL BE VERY PATIENT HERE AND PROBABLY NOT DO ANYTHING EXCEPT A LATE SPRING SIGNING DEPENDING ON THE PROGRESS OF EUHUS AND CAMPBELL. NEUFIELD RESIGN IS LIKELY IMHO.

We may need a kicker YES. CHEAP

We need a LG and LT YES.

We need a #2 corner, IMHO POSSIBLY A #1/2 CORNER FOR NEXT YEAR IF THEY LET CLEMENTS GO BUT WHEN YOU WEIGHT IN THAT VINCENT COULD PLAY CORNER WE DO HAVE 2 LEGIT STARTERS AND 2 LEGIT BACKUPS (THOMAS/GREER).

We probably draft another DT MAYBE OR A VET IN F?A ON THE CHEAP--ALL ABOUT VALUE FOR THE $

We may need another WR depending on Reed and Aiken ALL DEPENDS ON THE VALUE AVAILABLE LATE IN THE DRAFT

REGARDING S AND LB IT IS ALL ABOUT VALUE. DOUBTFUL WE SIGN ANY VETS UNLESS THE ARE YOUNG AND CHEAP. THOSE POSITIONS ARE SOLID AND WE CAN USE DEPTH IN ALL POSITIONS REALLY.

TD WILL FILL THE MAJOR HOLES WITHOUT PAYING TOP DOLLAR. THAT SAID, I DONT'T THINK the CONTRACT PAT WILLIAMS GOT WAS VERY LARGE AND WE COULD HAVE SIGN HIM EASILY> THEY JUST THOUGHT THAT BETWEEN EDWARDS AND ANDERSON, THE MONEY COULD BE BETTER SPENT ELSEWHERE> I DISAGREE A BIT BUT THE CUPBOARD IS NIT BARE THERE AT LEAST!

GO BILLS!

I see us getting a 3rd QB in the draft, later rounds  FREE AGENT ROOKIE OR VET OR MAYBE A VERY LATE ROUNDER DEPENDING ON WHO IS AVAILABLE

We probably draft our backup RB (GORE) in the 4th round or so  AGREED IF WE DONT SIGN A YOUNGER VET

We still need a solid TE  I THINK TD WILL BE VERY PATIENT HERE AND PROBABLY NOT DO ANYTHING EXCEPT A LATE SPRING SIGNING DEPENDING ON THE PROGRESS OF EUHUS AND CAMPBELL.  NEUFIELD RESIGN IS LIKELY IMHO.

We may need a kicker    YES.  CHEAP

We need a LG and LT    YES. 

We need a #2 corner, IMHO    POSSIBLY A #1/2 CORNER FOR NEXT YEAR IF THEY LET CLEMENTS GO BUT WHEN YOU WEIGHT IN THAT VINCENT COULD PLAY CORNER WE DO HAVE 2 LEGIT STARTERS AND 2 LEGIT BACKUPS  (THOMAS/GREER).

We probably draft another DT    MAYBE OR A VET IN F?A ON THE CHEAP--ALL ABOUT VALUE FOR THE $

We may need another WR depending on Reed and Aiken  ALL DEPENDS ON THE VALUE AVAILABLE LATE IN THE DRAFT

REGARDING S AND LB IT IS ALL ABOUT VALUE.  DOUBTFUL WE SIGN ANY VETS UNLESS THE ARE YOUNG AND CHEAP.  THOSE POSITIONS ARE SOLID AND WE CAN USE DEPTH IN ALL POSITIONS REALLY.

TD WILL FILL THE MAJOR HOLES WITHOUT PAYING TOP DOLLAR.  THAT SAID, I DONT'T THINK the CONTRACT PAT WILLIAMS GOT WAS VERY LARGE AND WE COULD HAVE SIGN HIM EASILY>  THEY JUST THOUGHT THAT BETWEEN EDWARDS AND ANDERSON, THE MONEY COULD BE BETTER SPENT ELSEWHERE>  I DISAGREE A BIT BUT THE CUPBOARD IS NIT BARE THERE AT LEAST!

GO BILLS!

262134[/snapback]

I MEAN CAPS!

I see us getting a 3rd QB in the draft, later rounds  FREE AGENT ROOKIE OR VET OR MAYBE A VERY LATE ROUNDER DEPENDING ON WHO IS AVAILABLE

262134[/snapback]

I agree we draft one, later rounds. But we don't even have a #2, and it sre looks like is retired. As someone said if you are talking about it you already are.

Well, it was only a matter of time until someone opened the flood gates of the "we dont have the cap money" posts. You win the prize. How much have we spent so far? Thanks!

262106[/snapback]

it's not a question of available space.

It is a question of value for production from specific positions.

Just because at this point in time, there is cap room - TD would be pretty short-sighted to sign someone else's high priced cast off when the expected production doesn't justify the cost.

you can get comparable production at G for a lot less than $4 mil / year.

it's not a question of available space.

It is a question of value for production from specific positions.

Just because at this point in time, there is cap room - TD would be pretty short-sighted to sign someone else's high priced cast off when the expected production doesn't justify the cost.

you can get comparable production at G for a lot less than $4 mil / year.

262175[/snapback]

I totally agree, if you are arguing that we need the next Ethan Albright at the vet minimum, NO thats not an upgrade. If you want another Joe Andruzzi for 2-3 mil per, YES absolutely.

Link? even if its a link to another message board Id be happy!

Ugg we are moving slow.

262085[/snapback]

No, JP, we are NOT moving slow. It's friggin day 3 of FA! You're insane! :-)

I will have to disagree and move on. Your version of spending our cap money is watering down the Bills overall talent by spreading the cash as far out as it will go. To me thats a downfgrade and I think a team this close needs a few studs, not the cheaper by the dozen version.

262126[/snapback]

Sheesh. You just want them to sign someone with a name you recognize.

Okay even if true, which I don't think is, Rivera who is Mayberrys age and is a RG got a 5 year 20 million dollar deal.  That 4 million per. 

Again we don't have the cap space.

262102[/snapback]

They will when they extend Mike WIlliams contract.....

They are going to HAVE to extend it....noway the team lives with that cap hit