[closed]Links to The Blitz

xsoldier54

Could the administrators please stop linking to articles in the Buffalo News? I have no intention of paying to read news on the internet. If it ain't free, it's of no use to most of us. I will not pay $3 a month to read sports news and opinions. I can get the same information elsewhere for free. If the News wants us to subscribe to read, then please do not promote that newspaper or those stories. Online content should be paid for with advertising revenues, not subscriptions. Please link to articles that TBD members do not have to pay to read. Thanks.

I definitely share your sentiments xsoldier. I don't have any plans to start paying for The Buffalo News's articles, not because I don't like reading them, I just don't want to pay for a subscription. I just think it's poppycock to charge people for your online content when so much of it is the same stuff over and over, or writers who are so negative all they do is spew their opinions on why we will continue to suck. Don't get me wrong, some of their stuff is a good read here and there, but hardly worth charging for a monthly subscription. At one point they were giving us like ten free articles per month, but I would just clear my cache and cookies, but I guess they finally caught up..

I hope that this is not the beginning of a trend, where other papers will follow suit, like Rochester D & C, Syracuse, Batavia, etc., and we'll get to a point where every article we click is pay-to-read. That would really suck.

Edited by smuvtalker

I definitely share your sentiments xsoldier. I don't have any plans to start paying for The Buffalo News's articles, not because I don't like reading them, I just don't want to pay for a subscription. I just think it's poppycock to charge people for your online content when so much of it is the same stuff over and over, or writers who are so negative all they do is spew their opinions on why we will continue to suck. Don't get me wrong, some of their stuff is a good read here and there, but hardly worth charging for a monthly subscription. At one point they were giving us like ten free articles per month, but I would just clear my cache and cookies, but I guess they finally caught up..

I hope that this is not the beginning of a trend, where other papers will follow suit, like Rochester D & C, Syracuse, Batavia, etc., and we'll get to a point where every article we click is pay-to-read. That would really suck.

The beginning of the trend is that newspapers will soon be gone, and so will all the little news teams. The AP and social media are taking over.

So the antiquated way of news delivery is trying any way to keep themselves viable, but since they are writing based on AP sources and social media, their content is effectively identical to other free outlets. It's just an awkward time where they haven't extinct yet and are flailing desperately in their last few moments of life.

Could the administrators please stop linking to articles in the Buffalo News? I have no intention of paying to read news on the internet. If it ain't free, it's of no use to most of us. I will not pay $3 a month to read sports news and opinions. I can get the same information elsewhere for free. If the News wants us to subscribe to read, then please do not promote that newspaper or those stories. Online content should be paid for with advertising revenues, not subscriptions. Please link to articles that TBD members do not have to pay to read. Thanks.

I added this to the Suggestions fourm:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/196324-remove-links-to-buffalo-news-on-tbd/?do=findComment&comment=4534664

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.