McDermott says McCoy may play "every snap" this season

BADOLBILZ

It's all good. WRT my recent posts - it's not that I'm down on the new regime so much as I'm down on the owner. I like Terry as a person - he and his wife seem like great humans. I haven't liked what they've done with their two sports franchises. In several instances now, they've over-empowered unqualified managers and then have lost patience for the plans they empowered. Empowerment is good, but it needs to be smart. I've always wanted Terry to hire a football/hockey "czar" of some kind, if not to have total control than at least to consult with him and serve as a sounding board for important decisions.

WRT to McBeane, I don't think it was a good idea to expel so much young talent, so early, without having a track record of prior success. Not that I don't think it will work in the long run - it may or may not - but because I don't believe that Terry ultimately will have the patience to see it through, especially if (i) the Bills are still struggling to win games by next fall, and (ii) the young players they got rid of are performing at a high level elsewhere. If that happens, ownership will be under tremendous pressure from fans who will be looking around the league and realizing that a roster of former Bills could whip the current Bills roster on Sundays. We'll be closer to an even 20 year drought. The CBA and stadium lease issues will be on the immediate horizon. Under all of those circumstances, and taking BADOL's point about McBeane (and other coaches/GMs in the past) confusing Terry's assent with his buy-in, I just wonder whether Terry will remain willing to stay the course. He has demonstrated time and again that he can change his mind QUICKLY. It shocks people - it shocked Rex, Wales and Murray, none of whom (I believe) saw their dismissals coming.

I can understand your feelings about Terry and Kim, I also believe they made many mistakes when entering the professional team owning business. While I am not very familiar with what went on with the Sabres, I did pay close attention to the fiasco at OBD a few short months after the the team was bought. First Marrone quit which IMO took everyone by surprise and then, unfortunately, Whaley, Brandon and Ryan talked Terry and Kim into making a bad decision that they obviously regretted less than 2 years later and started the process of blowing it up.

In the early going it seems like they made a good choice with McD IMO and I think the biggest difference in opinion between the two of us is the level of talent let go from the team. The only starters were Watkins, Darby and Gilmore and they were replaced with the same age or younger talented players. I never liked Gilmore, Darby doesn't fit in the scheme. Watkins can be the one trade that if anyone vehemently disagreed with, I wouldn't blame them. Ragland, JWill, Cardele... Those players would never make or break this franchise so it is a non issue to me.

As far as Terry and Kim, I think they can be held accountable for this regime but obviously not yet. The former regime, I'm more lenient.

Anyway, sorry we got off on the wrong foot. I like shooting the **** with fellow Bills fans. I look forward to debating the franchises decisions, good or bad over the next few years with you and others.

We should know a little something in the next couple months.....

Edited by Bills Pimpin'

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Schefter

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

·

7m

Bills have added $2.5 million in incentives to LeSean McCoy's contract, per source. More incentive for more production.

Adam Schefter

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

·

5m

Bills didn't have to add $2.5 million in incentives to LeSean McCoy's deal when it had three years left. Rare deal, good for both sides.

Looks like they are going to pay for it too.

Edited by Bills Pimpin'

Now Shady wants every snap.

Well I guess #BADOL was right that this story was more than just smoke :flirt: .........they really do hope to defy the odds and run a 29 year old 195#-200# RB into 350 collisions. :doh:

You know........you WANT to believe in a new regime.........but how many unorthodox, head scratching moves are too many? :lol:

The worst part.........it's STILL BILLSY.........we've seen similar nonsense before.

Giving away free money to "good soldiers'.......like with Chris Kelsay or Eric Wood and now Shady....... does not make them play any better or make for a happier lockeroom.

Money is a divisive aspect in the lockeroom........the next time a good organization does this kind of thing will be the first.

I know, I know it's not guaranteed money......but it has a ring of desperation to it..........are they desperate already? This is bizarre.

They already gave him a new deal ON TOP of his existing Philly deal two years ago.......his cap hit doesn't reflect that unamortized Philly bonus for the contract that wasn't going to expire until after THIS season :lol: ......if you figure that in and he hits these incentives he's earning Lev Bell money......and Pitt is only paying him that this year because they have no leverage. :doh:

Billsy, Billsy, Billsy. :lol: