Glad, in a way, they didn't sign JJ

If you look at the best lines in the NFL, which right now seem to be New England's and Pittsburgh, the key to the success is in the coaching and the schemes. Particularly in New England, it's difficult to find a superstar on that line. It's a bunch of lunchbucket guys who do what they are instructed.

Pittsburgh's line is coached by A Hog. Russ Grim. That guy is all attitude.

I'm here in St. Louis, and they are talking about giving Pace 50 million. That's insane, the guy was a turnstile in the playoffs. He's lazy.

We don't need a slightly better than average left tackle making 4 times the guy next to him. We need 5 guys who unite to knock the opposition out the way. In fact, I'd let Mike Williams and his fat contract go too, and sign more attitude guys.

Do we have any attitude guys on that line?

CV and Tucker certainly have the right attitude.

261501[/snapback]

I would say that I think Trey Teague has the right attitude as well.....

I really think he is bouncing outside to LT......what we will need to see is if he has the lateral footspeed to match the speed rushers after wrestling with the "inside monsters" for the last few years.......

I personally view Teague at LT as a John Fina with a mean streak......

I don't think JJ is worth all that money. 36mil? and a 12 mil signing bonus? Way overpaid. The guy is always hurt!

261624[/snapback]

LMAO! Here is a quote courtesy of Prisco per sportsline

"The biggest eye-opening deal was the seven years and $36 million the 49ers gave to Buffalo left tackle Jonas Jennings. It included $12 million to $14 million in bonuses, which is amazing considering Jennings is a decent player whose value is up because he happens to be one of the few left tackles available. That had to drive his price up. He certainly isn't worth that kind of money."