Why Jordan Poyer received such high praise

cover1

I really like reading/watching your stuff. In Hyde and Poyer it looks like the Bills have upgraded significantly at the safety positions. I'm excited to watch this defense once the regular season hits.

Thanks man, don't be a stranger to the site!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea but it's Cleveland...

That's like bragging about being the tallest midget

Or

The skinniest person at fat camp

But in all seriousness I knew he'd be our starter when we signed him

when you live in a glass house don't throw stones

I loved him at Oregon State. He had great instincts then and was all OVER the field.

It's like he got lost in Cleveland in addition to the injury he had.

Great to have him here, great analysis by Cover 1 as well.

the problem is that system will get him injured and out by week 8, just as it did in Cleveland. can't help us if he isnt on the field. I hope McD has a few safeties this year to plug in. his defense will burn through safeties pretty quickly

Edited by jmcraig44

when you live in a glass house don't throw stones

the problem is that system will get him injured and out by week 8, just as it did in Cleveland. can't help us if he isnt on the field. I hope McD has a few safeties this year to plug in. his defense will burn through safeties pretty quickly

yet his defense didn't burn through safeties quickly in Carolina. Kurt Coleman played in 15 games each of the two years he was there with McD. Roman Harper played in 16 games each of the the two years he was there with McD. Tre Boston played in 16 and 15 games the past 2 years he was a starter with McD. Why would his system do that here? Poyer did not play in the same system in Cleveland, in fact it was completely different. He played for Jim O Neill and then Ray Horton. The fact he got hurt last year didn't have anything to do with McD's defensive "system".

He was injured on ST, on a brutal blindside block vs the Titans during punt coverage.

Edited by YoloinOhio