What's Your Number ?

TSNBDSC

I am 2-C. So I don't care.

Nice try FarmBoy. Millennial Snowflakes!

:-/

https://www.sss.gov/Classifications

"Men are not classified now. Classification is the process of determining who is available for military service and who is deferred or exempted. Classifications are based on each individual registrant's circumstances and beliefs. A classification program would go into effect when Congress and the President decide to resume a draft. Then, men who are qualified for induction would have the opportunity to file a claim for exemptions, deferments, and postponements from military service."

Ag exemption doesn't apply anymore, even during Vietnam.

The following is a list of the more commonly used Selective Service classifications from 1948 1976. Roman numerals I, II, III, IV, V were sometimes used:

"2-C - Registrant deferred because of agricultural occupation."

II-C Was applied during WWII... I thought I told you that before? 1940-1947.

NOW... IFF (if and only if) they did decide to institute The Draft and IF (even BIGGER if) bring back II-C... You may be able to get a II-C (F). That's an Ag deferment being unfit for military service. In this day an age, I am pretty sure they dont take peopke with shady pasts. We'd have to be in a serious war and some deep doo doo to start taking all the those people. Anyway, even during Vietnam, there was no II-C classification. Not sure who you've been talking to. Like the SelectiveService site says, nobody is classified now and they classify as need be.

But... Stay important, eveb if it is only in your mind.

And anyway... You are almost 40... Over 35... We'd have to be really hurting & desparate! ;-)

Did I win?

My Father got drafted, but failed his physical due to a blood clot that they found in his leg. He tells me that (at the time) he was very sad that he couldn't join many of his friends who went off to war. Many of them didn't make it back.

Yes!

You had better odds to be born.

Myself, not sure what # I would have been & how that would play out. I have been working for the DoD, Department of Army since I was 22... Pushing the big 50 next year and 30 years w/the Army in the coming years...

Probably 2A. I am fish flusher and gate keeper for commodites and raw materials... Maybe send me to Panama to swing gates... LoL...

With that... I probably should volunteer for Afghanistan/Iraq/overseas service... Mowing in Mosul? We have a 59 year old lock operator, from my field site, over there now... But he is single. My wife would probably start divorce proceedings seeing she is an extremely (you think I was!) flaming Liberal!! Well, start those divorce proceedings until she saw the DirectDeposits every two weeks... She might sign me away for good to stay over there!!! :-/ :-/

Never got a number but registered.

I attempted to join Air Force (no chance of flying with my eyesight) and Coast Guard and was rejected for medical reasons (I had a seizure at age 14) from both.

Air Force recruiter said they would sign "pregnant, 50 year old males" before me but this was pre-Trump,

So I went to college and for majority of my life worked on DOD programs often next to Airmen and got paid a lot more.

I on one program I revised the air maintenance manual reducing diagnoses from required hours to 10s of minutes; the person in charge of program said I'd be a real asset to AF and have you considered joining, you would be an officer. I told him I'd need to get pregnant first but naturally he did not understand jokel.

The seizure I had which never reoccurred and was a misdiagnosis my doctor; what he thought was grand mal epilepsy was probably a blow, maybe from playing football.