Even with the loss of Pat and JJ I feel the Bills

bluv

..if the Shelton for Henry trade goes thru and we sign a quality 3rd WR or sign a TE such as Pollard. My biggest concern about LT is that JJ AND Price are on the market. Say what you want about Price but whenever he has stepped into the lineup we have not missed a beat, even with the leadfooted Bledsoe behind center as there was no more pressure coming from that side. I can only remember one game where Price played bad but otherwise he was solid. If he can be re-signed I'd be comfortable with him protected JP. If we can get Shelton that would be great for he could play tackle or guard. Another player we forget about and sleep on is Jason Peters; with the best OL coach's working with him this guy could be a nasty LT; think about it: he is 6-3 and a lean 334 and is athletic. If he ever gets his footwork down he could be a force. If we sign Pollard and get any production from the 3rd WR we will be fine. I think Reed will finally have a comeback year as he finally has a QB who can setup and get rid of the ball quick enough so that he can finally do what he does best: catch short routes over the middle and run after the catch. The same goes for Moulds as I have noticed that this aspect of the passing game has been missing in the Bills passing game because of Drew's slow setup and lack of touch of short timing routes.

As far as the D goes, losing Pat will hurt but I think Edwards will step in fine. He will be more of a pass rushing threat than Pat but he must learn to tie up blockers more and look to make the play less. While we might have a dropoff on D it will not be major. With Vincent and Milloy healthy the whole season combined with Clements and an improving Mcghee our pass D will be awsome. Given Vincent's ability to man up we can keep offenses off balance.

Some look at this season as being a rebuilding year because of a 2nd year QB; I look at it as a change from the source of our offensive woes: A slow thinking, slow footed QB who really sucked against good defenses. As long as JP doesn't lose games (like Drew did against good teams) or get hurt playing wreckless we will be fine and he will bring some excitement to the QB postion once again.

..if the Shelton for Henry trade goes thru and we sign a quality 3rd WR or sign a TE such as Pollard. My biggest concern about LT is that JJ AND Price are on the market. Say what you want about Price but whenever he has stepped into the lineup we have not missed a beat, even with the leadfooted Bledsoe behind center as there was no more pressure coming from that side. I can only remember one game where Price played bad but otherwise he was solid. If he can be re-signed I'd be comfortable with him protected JP. If we can get Shelton that would be great for he could play tackle or guard. Another player we forget about and sleep on is Jason Peters; with the best OL coach's working with him this guy could be a nasty LT; think about it: he is 6-3 and a lean 334 and is athletic. If he ever gets his footwork down he could be a force. If we sign Pollard and get any production from the 3rd WR we will be fine. I think Reed will finally have a comeback year as he finally has a QB who can setup and get rid of the ball quick enough so that he can finally do what he does best: catch short routes over the middle and run after the catch. The same goes for Moulds as I have noticed that this aspect of the passing game has been missing in the Bills passing game because of Drew's slow setup and lack of touch of short timing routes.

As far as the D goes, losing Pat will hurt but I think Edwards will step in fine. He will be more of a pass rushing threat than Pat but he must learn to tie up blockers more and look to make the play less. While we might have a dropoff on D it will not be major. With Vincent and Milloy healthy the whole season combined with Clements and an improving Mcghee our pass D will be awsome. Given Vincent's ability to man up we can keep offenses off balance.

Some look at this season as being a rebuilding year because of a 2nd year QB; I look at it as a change from the source of our offensive woes: A slow thinking, slow footed QB who really sucked against good defenses. As long as JP doesn't lose games (like Drew did against good teams) or get hurt playing wreckless we will be fine and he will bring some excitement to the QB postion once again.

260089[/snapback]

Your point about Price is a good one. They should do what it takes to keep that guy here. I think he could easily play LG, slide teague out to tackle and give Sobieski or Tucker the C spot.

Your point about Price is a good one. They should do what it takes to keep that guy here. I think he could easily play LG, slide teague out to tackle and give Sobieski or Tucker the C spot.

260093[/snapback]

Slide Teague to tackle? :doh: Your credibility just took a hit. ;)

I'm not a big fan of moving Teague to tackle; he improve tremendously last year at center and either he or Tucker could fill that position. Why weaken 2 positions on the OL? But we have saw Price come in at LT and fill in pretty well. Think about it: if Jennings is a great tackle worth a $12 million signing bonus why wasn't there such a big uproar when he got hurt and Price had to fill in, especially with a sack prone QB? The reason: he had shown he could get the job done. He may not be a set in stone LT but if you step in as a backup and block for Drew without too many complaints then your play is solid. People think we need a spectacular, Pro Bowl play at every position; this is not the case or possible. If we can get good solid play and cohesiveness then anything is possible. Look at the Pats; besides Law before he got hurt there is no one else on that team considered the best or even top 5 at their position. But even without him they won their second straight Super Bowl with just solid play.

I, too, think Price is a very valuable commodity and needs to be resigned.

260150[/snapback]

I agree that Price is a valuable member of the line. Unless TD has a verbal agreement with Price to come back, we have nothing at LT right now without shaking up the OL like a cup full of Yahtzee dice. i.e. TT moves here, MW moves here, etc....

It's frustrating as a Bills fan to see Pat and JJ go. But my gosh, for the amount of money those guys signed for and the shortcomings of each, it's better we don't have them around. Obviously they are not driven to win championships -- rather to earn money. The 49'ers are nowhere near being a respectable team. The Vikings are on the way down. Both of their careers are transitioning to endless Sundays of irrelevancy. If they had stayed in Buffalo, at least they would have had a shot at something bigger. As far as the Bills go, this is why you put together the best front office you can. It is now time for TD to work some magic, the scouts to find some diamonds in the rough, and the coaches to get to work with the younger players.

Dominate? not in the AFC East

I think we should lower our expectations. I'm excited about next year, but I'm very realistic as well. We just lost a huge cog in the D's ability to dominate.

as far as Offense, i'm not real concerned about losin Jennings. I will worry if we do not get a veteren replacement soon.

But we are far from dominating on Offense. Even if we kept JJ. We are starting a youngster at QB (which I completely support) and we need to get a change up back with power to help out the run game. Willis can't do it all.

Let's get realistic here. We ain't gonna be dominating our division next year. Can we compete for it? Hell yes.