Preseason Top 25

CajunBillsBacker

Here are links to preseason top 25 predictions from sportsline.com and nationalchamps.net.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/8245608

http://nationalchamps.net/2005/earlybird/index.htm

For you Penn St. fans, you guys actually appear in one of these rankings! What I find amusing is how much both of these links differ in their ranking for Iowa, #2 on Sportsline.com, and #13 on NC.net? I think #2 is to high, but #13 is way to low. I'd fit them somewhere's between 5-10.

Look out for the Bucks this year. With the new AD in town all this NCAA investigation stuff will slowly fade out and we can get back to football. Troy Smith will bounce back and Ted Ginn Jr will amaze all! Combine that with the support here in Columbus, I think the Bucks have a real chance at the title this year. Plus, could you imagine a USC-OSU Rose Bowl for a national championship?

• 4 weeks later...
You can recruit Derrick Williams, Justin King and a bunch of other studs but it won't make a difference.  Joe Paterno will not coach that team to a bowl game in 05.

264866[/snapback]

You may be right. I don't know if one recruiting class can make things magically better. Then again, maybe this class is talented enough to right the ship. Time will tell. Personally, I still think they're another year away, since there's so much uncertainty on offense. Defensively, they're deep and talented, so that's a plus.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.