Maybe its just me but....I am irked at Fat Pat

Then why exactly is it that high class marquee players like Takeo Spikes jump at TD's team and offer, and arguably the most respected man in the NFL, Troy Vincent, decides to come play for TD for less money than other teams offered, publicly lauding the Bills organization? Why does Modrak decide to be TD's underling while turning down GM offers?

I repeat, name one single player than TD let go in free agency that was an obvious mistake at the time or even in retrospect? Ted Washington is the only one that comes to mind and myself as well as most Bills fans think there was no way for TD to resign him.

259156[/snapback]

I'm playing the Talking Heads " Stop Making Sense " in your honor.

Irked for seeing what the market bears?

I'm sure he'll come back to Buffalo with the offers he has in hand to see if Buffalo can come close.

259045[/snapback]

I don't know if you've been following the news lately but there is a demand for DT right now cuz there is a shortage of them in free agency. He'll hit it big somewhere desperate enough for line help (i.e., Denver).

Would love to see Pat back again but he'll command top dollar and I think we should be reasonable and pay up. I want to forget about losing Ted Washington when he still had years left to give.

God I hope not.  I'm not a big fan of the 3-4.  I don't think we have the LBs to run a 3-4 as our base offense.

259293[/snapback]

How about we just go back to B. Tit's (=B word breasts=Greggggg williams) '46' D...that worked out for us pretty well in 2001... :ph34r:

How about we just go back to B. Tit's (=B word breasts=Greggggg williams) '46' D...that worked out for us pretty well in 2001... :ph34r:

259312[/snapback]

What does that have to do with anything? We have a great defense right now. There is only one piece of the puzzle that might be missing from it and people are already talking about switching to a 3-4. The 46 was a stupid idea for a talent depleted roster like the Bills had in 2001, but do you mind telling me what that has to dow with what we're talking about?

I'm playing the Talking Heads " Stop Making Sense " in your honor.

259283[/snapback]

Now, now stop making me spit my chai on the keyboard...

I love KTFBD but man, you know the market is what the market is - I don't want to mortgage our future either - but the strength of our team is that run defense. PW is a big part of that - God, knows we ain't got no pass rush.

The only way this all makes sense is if TD is going after somebody like a Kevin Carter for less $$$.

Yea, but Butler put us in cap jail and look at where Polian is at in Indy.  It won't be long before Indy is in/already in cap jail.

TD has to flex his muscles and keep us fiscally sound or we will be in big trouble.

I don't think they necessarily have the respect of the players.  Butler just gave them what they wanted.

Wouldn't you be happy and back that person up if you got tons of money from them or would you say 'damn you Butler for overpaying me'.  :ph34r:

259224[/snapback]

Shoot the flames....but is it better to make the playoffs like Indy knowing you will have a few down years of cap hell, or is it better to stay out of cap hell and never make the playoffs? Not all teams will be in cap hell the same year, so it seems like the great teams (except for the Pats who got lucky with Brady being a cheap QB, but that will change), have a 2-3 yr run then have 2-3 yrs of cap hell, just to reload and do it again.

Shoot the flames....but is it better to make the playoffs like Indy knowing you will have a few down years of cap hell, or is it better to stay out of cap hell and never make the playoffs?  Not all teams will be in cap hell the same year, so it seems like the great teams (except for the Pats who got lucky with Brady being a cheap QB, but that will change), have a 2-3 yr run then have 2-3 yrs of cap hell, just to reload and do it again.

259338[/snapback]

Interesting concept. I guess that would work, but I'm not sure the fans would like the ups and downs so much. If you win a SB then ok, Indy isn't going to win a SB. Their defense isn't good enough and the teams that are well balanced can stop Indy. And just because you spend alot (Tennessee) doesn't mean you will win.

I would think what is best for the franchise would be to manage the cap as best as possible and stay flexible (under the cap).

I really like what Philly has done by creating cap room (clumps Philly article reference). Someone needs to tell TD about that.

I had the impression guys would run thru walls for Butler - yeah, yeah, salary cap blah, blah, blah - but Butler and Polian had the guys' trust and respect.  Can't say that for Donahoe.

259116[/snapback]

I'm more than happy to pass onto TKO, London, Lawyer and Troy Vincent how bad a boss TD is. :D

Darn good thing that Mularkey (and not TD) is the coach, eh? :ph34r: