Bills current organizational philosophy a contradiction?

JaCrispy

Teams tank all the time, are they too holy and righteous to you to allow this to be true?

The Bills aren't tanking the rest of 2017 at this point in time. By week 14 they might be...

Are you talking about the NBA? Because I don't see too many NFL teams purposely tanking. You're gonna have to provide some examples since you seem so certain.

Are you talking about the NBA? Because I don't see too many NFL teams purposely tanking. You're gonna have to provide some examples since you seem so certain.

Sure NFL teams don't do their best when they are in a bad situation. I guess I don't have psychic ESP voodoo powers to erase the way something looks real bad when a team is throwing it all away, maybe you can teach us how to discern.

Are you honestly WATCHING games that horrible teams are playing that mean nothing to see if they are trying or not.

How about this scenario with a team going nowhere...

1) Do you keep playing the vets and hope to squeak out a few cheap wins and maybe keep the coaching jobs?

or

2) Play the kids and get them some experience knowing it's going to be a loss...

Sure NFL teams don't do their best when they are in a bad situation. I guess I don't have psychic ESP voodoo powers to erase the way something looks real bad when a team is throwing it all away, maybe you can teach us how to discern.

Are you honestly WATCHING games that horrible teams are playing that mean nothing to see if they are trying or not.

How about this scenario with a team going nowhere...

1) Do you keep playing the vets and hope to squeak out a few cheap wins and maybe keep the coaching jobs?

or

2) Play the kids and get them some experience knowing it's going to be a loss...

All you're talking about is players losing faith in systems and perhaps not giving full effort as losses pile up. That happens all the time. That's not designed tanking.

I'm not really sure what you're saying. The Bills have too much talent to actually "plan" to have a bad record.

You don't waste a whole season just to go after a certain prospect. This thread really makes no sense to me.

Well, first of all, it's more of a question to fans, rather than a statement.

In one of his press conferences, when asked about what made them want to trade down so far (and acquire a 1st round pick), McD, without being too specific, said they did their research...Sal C. took this to mean that they have also been paying attention to next years QB class and thought it might be stronger.

While i support this wholeheartedly, I don't quite understand their reasoning of going all out this year when they are going to need a top pick next year to acquire a franchise QB. Even with the extra pick from trading down, if the QBs next year are going to be elite, why would anyone want to trade with us? They, themselves would just take an elite QB- like the Jets.

So, basically, do the ideas of wanting to win now and wanting to get an elite QB next year contradict themselves?

Hope this makes it a little clearer.

Well, first of all, it's more of a question to fans, rather than a statement.

In one of his press conferences, when asked about what made them want to trade down so far (and acquire a 1st round pick), McD, without being too specific, said they did their research...Sal C. took this to mean that they have also been paying attention to next years QB class and thought it might be stronger.

While i support this wholeheartedly, I don't quite understand their reasoning of going all out this year when they are going to need a top pick next year to acquire a franchise QB. Even with the extra pick from trading down, if the QBs next year are going to be elite, why would anyone want to trade with us? They, themselves would just take an elite QB- like the Jets.

So, basically, do the ideas of wanting to win now and wanting to get an elite QB next year contradict themselves?

Hope this makes it a little clearer.

you feel you you have the sure thing? Trade it all, the future 1st rounder is always the best weapon in the arsenal.

Tanking is just a messy way to be a professional sports team. you lose the players, perhaps permanently.

Always always Always play to win

Edited by 3rdand12

I think the point is this.........if TT plays lights out this year and can prove that he is our future, then it's a major bonus for the team going forward, as the QB questions will be put to rest.

However, if TT struggles during the season, then it's comforting for the FO office to know that they will have 2 first round picks for 2018 and can be a major player for a QB, if needed.

You'd rather have options, than none.

In years past, the Bills have handcuffed themselves in the drafts and through FA..........next year affords the organization some breathing room.