Confidence in TD?

I really like him as our President and GM. I don't think he has made a single move that he didn't honestly think would make our team better (excluding when he was forced to change over the roster five years ago for cap reasons). I think he has a plan for us this offseason, but for the life of me i can't figure it out. He usually keeps things close to his chest and doesn't let the media know about his targeted free agents - i think we were all shocked with Posey being signed at 1am two years ago.

Strangely, my confidence with him has fallen over the past few hours. I thought more moves would be made today. I thought we would release Izell or Peirson, restructure MW, re-sign Marcus Price, re-sign PW, extend Clements or just something to let us know that the braintrust at OBD is alive and kicking.

The lack of communication with JJ and PW on re-signing them baffles me as well. That tells me that he has another direction that he wanted to go, and that he has had that direction since Jan 3rd, if not earlier (hence not resigning them last offseason) but what could this new direction be? I don't think any of us have an idea.

Over the past few off-seasons, several of our moves have been predictable. TKO was on our minds three months before free agency began, TV was our target last off-season and everyone knew we were in the hunt for him. I even called a buddy the day Milloy was released by the Pats saying that we had plenty of room under the cap and a need for him and it was obvious TD would make a run for him (i didn't belong to TSW back then, i am sure you all were saying the same sorts of things). My point is, there seemed to be a direction we were headed that was common sense to the entire Bills nation. I see no direction this year. In fact i feel blinded and deaf. I want information, but no information is coming.

Am i being overly nervous by thinking that TD is taking a vacation this off-season? Will my fears be quelled in three hours when i click on espn.com to see we have our first free-agent signee? Are others concerned about the silence this off-season so far?

I agree. It seems like there are many changes and none of us have a sense of where things are going. Losing Jennings and Williams does seem baffling, particularly since LT and DT free agent options are limited. Throw in the release of Bledsoe and efforts to trade Henry and we have a great deal of uncertainty.

The bottom line is that we need to improve this offseason. Starting Edwards at DT and/or Teague and LT will not cut it.

Am i being overly nervous by thinking that TD is taking a vacation this off-season?  Will my fears be quelled in three hours when i click on espn.com to see we have our first free-agent signee?  Are others concerned about the silence this off-season so far?

257951[/snapback]

I think you are being overly nervous....

1) the defense---When we lost Ted Washington it was devastating....Pat Williams' loss, if it happens, will not be as impactful, because we have upgraded the talent at just about every other D position. I wish we had a number of plays chart--you would be suprised how much Bannan and Edwards have seen the field the last two years in our #2 ranked defense...all Anderson has to be is stout and able to hold his ground. Ohio State Champion wrestlers have a habit of being able to do that.....

2) We need a LG and LT or C (yes Center)--if we keep Jonas, we can't afford to upgrade LG--I would rather get both a good to very good pass blocking LT (look at the schedule next year--we have about 10 games against top 10 DE's) and knock the snot out of you LG. This way Tucker becomes depth for all 3 interior line positions. I would like to see Marcus Price return--but his knee might be a chronic thing--so I will trust the coach's judgement there. By the way--that good pass blocking LT might be Trey Teague......and then we upgrade LG and C..Teague has problems with brute strength but does pretty well with finese and quickness

3) We need depth help at QB, RB, TE, nickle/dime CB, DT, drop LB and oh yeah a new K would be nice...some of this can come from the Draft but DT, QB , RB probably have to come from free agency...but look we needed a fullback last year and we found a street free agent who almost made the pro bowl...

so the question is--with about $8 Million in cap room (trading Henry, cutting Pearson-but then accounting for the draft ) can we fill LG, LT/C, back up QB, Back up RB and back up DT---the answer is probably yes.....and if we redo Mike Williams--we get Nate in the fold early and we shore up 06 as well...

I still have faith in Tommy boy....he's a wheeler dealer....he's always making moves..........they don't always pay off but who shoots 100%?

I think Tom has some serious cahones.....

257982[/snapback]

Werd.

God knows I have been stunned and disapointed by several of TDs moves, but darned if they usually turn out to be good ones. Blew Dreadsoe and Teddy W being the only 2 exceptions :D

I really like him as our President and GM.  I don't think he has made a single move that he didn't honestly think would make our team better (excluding when he was forced to change over the roster five years ago for cap reasons).  I think he has a plan for us this offseason, but for the life of me i can't figure it out.  He usually keeps things close to his chest and doesn't let the media know about his targeted free agents - i think we were all shocked with Posey being signed at 1am two years ago.

Strangely, my confidence with him has fallen over the past few hours.  I thought more moves would be made today.  I thought we would release Izell or Peirson, restructure MW, re-sign Marcus Price, re-sign PW, extend Clements or just something to let us know that the braintrust at OBD is alive and kicking.

The lack of communication with JJ and PW on re-signing them baffles me as well.  That tells me that he has another direction that he wanted to go, and that he has had that direction since Jan 3rd, if not earlier (hence not resigning them last offseason) but what could this new direction be?  I don't think any of us have an idea. 

Over the past few off-seasons, several of our moves have been predictable.  TKO was on our minds three months before free agency began, TV was our target last off-season and everyone knew we were in the hunt for him.  I even called a buddy the day Milloy was released by the Pats saying that we had plenty of room under the cap and a need for him and it was obvious TD would make a run for him (i didn't belong to TSW back then, i am sure you all were saying the same sorts of things).  My point is, there seemed to be a direction we were headed that was common sense to the entire Bills nation.  I see no direction this year.  In fact i feel blinded and deaf.  I want information, but no information is coming.

Am i being overly nervous by thinking that TD is taking a vacation this off-season?  Will my fears be quelled in three hours when i click on espn.com to see we have our first free-agent signee?  Are others concerned about the silence this off-season so far?

257951[/snapback]

I never have blind Faith in anyone (excluding Jesus I guess... :D )...

But I still trust TD...Don't know why, but I do...

Maybe because I was one of the Folks most puzzled by the McGahee Draft Pick...That looks to be turning out O.K. :D

Maybe because I'm convinced your not going to outwork TD...He may not get everything right, but the guy is dedicated, educated, and tireless in his efforts...

Maybe it's because he finally got rid of DB! :D

And maybe it's because I'm a idiot... We'll all see in 6 months I guess... :(