ReWatched our home Dolphins game.....

So true, literally if our players just knew the plays when they took to the field we would have won. Having 10 defensemen on the field for a key play at the end was an absolute joke, as embarrassing as anything the Bills have done during the drought.

Carpenter's kicking issues, and the same with schmidt's terrible punting.

cue the "it was only two games he played well" crowd and he has reached his ceiling.

nice post though OP, shows that there is some real potential and hopefully under a new staff, some added players and those coming back healthy this offense can remain it the top 10?

as well as the defense turning around and the kicking/st game hopefully improving.

looking forward to the season.

pip.png

I save all the games and watch them periodically in the offseason so I can keep up with some of you genius level football guys here. The two that stick out as the most heartbreaking but still fun to watch are the Seahawks and 2nd Dolphins game.

Anyway, here a few thoughts from Miami:

Filling in for Cordy Glenn, Kujo really did a nice job. He has such a perfect OT body, reach, light on his feet, strength etc. Man I wish he could play RT.

The Brown Brothers had a poor showing. Zach slower than I remember him, Preston as slow as we all remember. Im now convinced we are drafting a LB early, even with Ragland back.

There were two situations where the play call from Lynn came in too late and hurt us badly. One led to a penalty which cost us a 1st down on the fins 20 and eventually we missed the fg and got zero.

Gilmore's poor tackling directly cost us points in a game that eventually went to OT.

Douzable, Dareus and Kyle played remarkably well. (Pouncey hurt, Urbik playing center that game)

Touchdown Mike so fast out there, three runs around the edge just blowing by defenders with speed. Pretty rare to get around the corner like that in the pros. He also returned a kickoff which I forgot, wonder if he'll compete for that in camp?

Last thing that stood out was Tyrod's versatility. Kiko was sort of stuck between being a spy and trying to figure out if he should drop, rush or just stay put and play the scramble. It's like TT took him out of the game and they only had 10 defenders out there. Clay and Sammy had monster games on some really nice throws.

Nice job by the 12th man as usual. Place was rockin. I turned it up loud to drown out the pain of this offseason.

I re watched that game maybe a month ago. Agree on all points. Taylor really stood out to me . And I kept thinking, if he didn't have WR he barely knew , let alone can gain real chemistry with, for alot of the season, that we would have seen many more games like that.

Remember, Watkins and Clay were finally looking healthy and those 2 are now going on 3 years with Tyrod. If we can stay relatively healthy on O, I can see us really causing defenses headaches and Taylor being much more consistent.

McD has stressed CB tackling as a big deal in his defense and you are right ,Gilmore cost us big in that game with very poor tackling. I'm in the minority and I know technically they play different positions, but I'm happier we got Hyde and let Gilmore walk.

I think Preston had too much on his plate and wouldn't be surprised to see him look like he did as a rookie , in a 43. Also , I feel Ragland plays much faster than his 40 will tell you and has some amazing instincts, I believe his game will translate very well at this level.

Lawson and A Washington too, I feel are much much better suited for this scheme and both have big impacts this year. The improved defense will also allow Tyrod more success and more games like Miami and @Sea