updated depth chart

I just don't know how anyone can be comfortable with Seymour at corner based on 200 snaps last year.

LB is probably the weakest position, but corner (and QB for that matter) is far more important IMO.

odd to me that the same flock saying Gilmore was terrible and lazy annoint Seymour as amazing from his snaps last year.

I am terrified of Seymour in zone coverage. He is slow to respond and is an outside man to man cover guy. I'd rather have kept the kid in Pittsburgh and have him in the roster than have kept Robey and others.

Well if you dont have a first round grade on him then that settles it. No peppers. He fits the type of player Mcdermit would like. Can play multiple positions. Wouldn't love it, but wouldn't hate it

It's not about what I think; multiple outlets said that the feeling coming out of his pro day is that Peppers is over-valued by analysts, and that NFL personnel evaluators don't think nearly as highly of him.

I can't argue with that. But He was Michigan's best player, they did their best to find ways for him to make an impact. Shaq Lawson had a strong year, and I think Jalen Ramsey will be just fine.

I don't know how you can say that Shaq had a strong year. He was largely invisible. Now, I understand why that was the case, but a strong year? I disagree.

I will officially be incensed if they take Peppers at #10 overall.

I don't even have a 1st round grade on the guy.

Well if you dont have a first round grade on him then that settles it. No peppers. He fits the type of player Mcdermit would like. Can play multiple positions. Wouldn't love it, but wouldn't hate it

I'm ok with drafting Peppers, but I would prefer the Bills trade down to take him.

Drafting him at 10 is too high.

I just don't know how anyone can be comfortable with Seymour at corner based on 200 snaps last year.

LB is probably the weakest position, but corner (and QB for that matter) is far more important IMO.

Especially when teams need to have 3 starting CBs and a 4th who is at least competent due to the heavy passing in today's NFL. Nickel is the new base defense.

While I completely agree with you, it would be incredibly disheartening to see a corner taken at #10 after letting Gilmore walk out the door.

I really don't see it happening. I expect one or two CBs to get drafted by the Bills, but not with 10. McD's Cover 3 doesn't need elite talent at CB to be effective.

I'm ok with drafting Peppers, but I would prefer the Bills trade down to take him.

Drafting him at 10 is too high.

I'm not a Peppers fan. He just looks like a guy who did well in college, but doesn't really have a home in the NFL. Not big enough to be a LBer and not good enough in coverage to be a safety or even a LB/S hybrid. He's exactly the opposite of what you'd want for that.

They say HC Sean uses nickel and dime D's 65% of the time

Which is why the present depth chart secondary is IMO very very worrisome

We currently do not have one legit NFL starter on the roster

Poyer only started 6 games in 4 years

Hyde was a fantastic nickel CB for the Packers, and backup depth

But the Packers never saw him as a full time S or CB starter

Then there's Seymour

And a void at nickel unless Seymour is moved to the slot

I'm not saying one, some, or all of these players won't rise to the occasion this year given a starting opportunity

However on paper, its a huge downgrade in talent from where we were the last couple of years

I'm sure it'll look better after the draft. fingers crossed

jc

Edited by wilcoam

Seeing the depth chart has me concerned.

I'm fine with Ramon Humber as a starter, but not Lorenzo Alexander.

Cornerback & Safety still need attention.

Would love more help at WR & TE.

I also hope that we sign a veteran QB as a back-up.

After looking at this chart, I say forget the number 10 pick. We should definitely trade down. We need to get all the picks we can.