Bills Thursday Night Game

When we hired McDermott as hc, I made a prediction on the bbmb that Carolina and Buffalo would be a Monday night game. I could possibly see it being Thursday night too though

I may be wrong but IIRC Thursday Night games (other than the opening game) are usually inter division matchups. Buff Jets, Buff, Miami.

FTR I don't like the TNF. Too hyped up to sleep restfully and get up at 6 AM for work

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I may be wrong but IIRC Thursday Night games (other than the opening game) are usually inter division matchups. Buff Jets, Buff, Miami.

FTR I don't like the TNF. Too hyped up to sleep restfully and get up at 6 AM for work

Typically they are interdivision, but you get interconference like the Pats-Texans last year or Bills-Browns in 2013. It really depends on what the NFL wants. Additionally the opening night game and three Thanksgiving games give a little more wiggle room matchup wise.

i really like the cincy guess i see that happening as well. However i wouldnt be shocked to see us play the dolphins on a thursday night. my guess is fins or bengals

I think they open at Miami and the Bills played all but one TNF on road so at home against Miami on Thursday seems very reasonable.

The only reason I don't see the Patriots and Bills is if the Patriots have to play a second TNF game beside the opener, it is far more likely they play someone like the Jets which would be higher ratings with NY/Boston then Buffalo. The last 2 years the NFL had an easy reason to do Bills v Jets with Rex. Now that is gone and I think they revert back to NY/Boston ratings instead and we get at Cincy or Miami. But def could see the Pats happening due to the Bills not yet playing them on Thursday like you said.

I think every NFL team is supposed to have exactly ONE Thursday night game, no?

Also, the Patriots* play the Falcons at home this coming season, so I imagine that will be the matchup for Week 1, right?

Usually, yes. But there were a handful on non-divisional games this past season (NE*-HOU, MIA-CIN, DAL-MIN, etc.)

If bills and Carolina are Monday night I'm gonna !@#$ Charlotte up.

That would be intense - and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Monday-nighter. I just want it to be the same weekend as a Virginia Tech home game so I can double up while I'm down there :thumbsup:

I think every NFL team is supposed to have exactly ONE Thursday night game, no?

Also, the Patriots* play the Falcons at home this coming season, so I imagine that will be the matchup for Week 1, right?

Usually, yes. But there were a handful on non-divisional games this past season (NE*-HOU, MIA-CIN, DAL-MIN, etc.)

That would be intense - and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Monday-nighter. I just want it to be the same weekend as a Virginia Tech home game so I can double up while I'm down there :thumbsup:

I checked and actually the SB champs typically have played twice a year. Thursday night opener and then another TNF game. Last yr Denver played CAR opener and then at San Diego. In 2015 Pats opened at home vs Steelers and then played at home against the Dolphins later on.