Life without You (Live) by Stevie Ray Vaughan

TSNBDSC

he was amazing, so glad i had the chance to see him play live

I'm jealous.

I continue to argue with myself who the greatest guitarist who ever lived is - between SRV and Jimi.

I was out to sea when Stevie passed. I was a radioman in the Navy, so we had teletypes running 24/7 with AP news feeds. The first report came up and it was that Clapton had died. I was heartbroken. It was minutes (closer to an hour) later that the story came up again with corrected information.

That's how I found out that Stevie was gone. It wasn't long before then that I'd bought his "In Step" CD. After my shift, I went to my bunk and put it in .. and cried.

He had just cleaned up. The world was supposed to have another 40+ years to listen to him and watch him.

It wasn't meant to be.

RIP, SRV.

I'm jealous.

I continue to argue with myself who the greatest guitarist who ever lived is - between SRV and Jimi.

I was out to sea when Stevie passed. I was a radioman in the Navy, so we had teletypes running 24/7 with AP news feeds. The first report came up and it was that Clapton had died. I was heartbroken. It was minutes (closer to an hour) later that the story came up again with corrected information.

That's how I found out that Stevie was gone. It wasn't long before then that I'd bought his "In Step" CD. After my shift, I went to my bunk and put it in .. and cried.

He had just cleaned up. The world was supposed to have another 40+ years to listen to him and watch him.

It wasn't meant to be.

RIP, SRV.

Jimi.

SRV was great. His covers of Jimi Hendrix are the only ones worth listening to. But Jimi still did them first.

Jimi.

SRV was great. His covers of Jimi Hendrix are the only ones worth listening to. But Jimi still did them first.

This is exactly where I usually end up.

EDIT - If you haven't yet, take in one of the Experience Hendrix shows. Lots of great guitarists (plus Billy Cox on bass), but Kenny Wayne Shepherd will blow you away. He's no SRV, but he is one of the closest out there.

Edited by Gugny