How's about Frank Gore?

VABills

Along those lines, I would be concerned about the chemistry between Gore and McGahee. After McGahee was drafted, I recall reading somewhere that Gore was bitching that he was a better back than McGahee and some other negative stuff. Unfortunately I cant recall where that was published, but it was shortly after Willis was drafted IIRC.

256703[/snapback]

You might be thinking about Clinton Portis, who's rivarly with McGahee has been well documented. Apparently Portis really damaged McGahee's self-confidence with his constant complaining and put-downs towards Willis, saying that McGahee will never be better than he is. I was reading this book on the University of Miami and apparently Clinton Portis was one of the most disliked Hurricanes to ever enroll there (and since they specialize in arrogant idiots, you know he must have been REALLY annoying).

Gore had a relatively healthy year last year and while he's lost the burst of speed he had to a large degree, he still has some decent speed and is still a powerful runner with good size. Before the injuries, he was good enough to be ahead of Willis AND Portis on the depth chart.

Last year Gore was healthy, but had put on too much weight. He got fat and was running at 230+, when his ideal size would be about 215.

This article says it all about Gore. If we can get Gore in the 3rd or 4th round it would be a major coup. Gore will be a terrific pro.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knig...night&type=lgns

You might be thinking about Clinton Portis, who's rivarly with McGahee has been well documented.  Apparently Portis really damaged McGahee's self-confidence with his constant complaining and put-downs towards Willis, saying that McGahee will never be better than he is.  I was reading this book on the University of Miami and apparently Clinton Portis was one of the most disliked Hurricanes to ever enroll there (and since they specialize in arrogant idiots, you know he must have been REALLY annoying).

256738[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification BGIM.

So voices of reason are people who just agree with you ?

256610[/snapback]

You beat me to the punch :rolleyes: I'll resist the urge here to bring up Va's use of "reason" to discuss the 40 times of various NFL rb's ...

Seriously though I think it could be an interesting experiment as well with Gore. We wouldn't be putting alot of risk into the pick if a lower rounder is used. Gore was indeed impressive before the injury bug hit him. At one point many expected him to surpass McGahee's production at the U.

One thing I heard at one point but was not sure if it was true was that Gore and Willis didn't get along very well. I wonder if there is anything to that?....