A closer look into Tyrod Taylor's 2016 season

cover1

A big decision looms, so I decided to look over some of the bad choices Taylor made in 2016. There weren't many interceptions to breakdown, but they were different mistakes than 2015, versus different coverages and he obviously played without his #1 WR.

Full article with Taylor's advanced stats and how much of a difference Sammy would've made-

http://www.cover1.net/2017/02/tyrod-taylors-interceptions-2016/

Video:

Thanks for this thread.

I've generally brought up some of these more nuanced points in Tyrod discussions but it really takes the kind of detailed work that you do to both simplify and explain some of them.

The defensive adjustments to Tyrod were fairly obvious this year.......and I was critical of he and the Bills early in the season because they should have known this was coming and because job #1 this season was to find out if Tyrod was the franchise QB and they had kinda' left Taylor exposed.

But in the end he was productive and the offense was VERY productive despite a lot of factors working against him and when you are just a second year starter and you can produce thru defensive adjustments and MAJOR issues in the WR corps.......the arrow is pointing up.

I agree completely that he should be a better passer playing from under center.......that's what he did for the 8 previous years before he came to Buffalo.......that should be a return to a comfort zone.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this thread.

I've generally brought up some of these more nuanced points in Tyrod discussions but it really takes the kind of detailed work that you do to both simplify and explain some of them.

The defensive adjustments to Tyrod were fairly obvious this year.......and I was critical of he and the Bills early in the season because they should have known this was coming and because job #1 this season was to find out if Tyrod was the franchise QB and they had kinda' left Taylor exposed.

But in the end he was productive and the offense was VERY productive despite a lot of factors working against him and when you are just a second year starter and you can produce thru defensive adjustments and MAJOR issues in the WR corps.......the arrow is pointing up.

I agree completely that he should be a better passer playing from under center.......that's what he did for the 8 previous years before he came to Buffalo.......that should be a return to a comfort zone.

Thanks! I think he can be better. We are finishing up some stats regarding him under center this season. Should have it posted soon!