Doesn't Whaley have to retain Taylor?

Mikie2times

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happens if he drafts a guy who isn't ready and TT takes another team to the playoffs? Still think he gets three years?

Helll no. That would be really funny tho. It wont happen because they paid a kings ransom for Brock but if Tyrod went to Houston with their Defense, Hopkins, Braxton Miller and Will Fuller I could def see them making the playoffs and winning a divisional game

Nothing the Bills have done makes a lot of sense to me over the past couple weeks outside of firing Rex.

If the GM is on thin ice and your hiring a new head coach then you should just fire the GM and bring in an entire new front office to hire the new head coach.

So when the team goes 6-10 next year and they fire Whaley what GM is going to want to come here and not be able to hire his own head coach?

They should've cleaned house. But I'm guessing this FINALLY occurs in 2 years when the streak is at 19 years.

this is valid

Giving your first coach only 31 games seems to suggest otherwise.

We've already gone over this. Yes, it seems like they have a quick trigger from an outside perspective. But the take I agree with is they wanted Rex to be here long term but they realized they made a mistake and decided to correct it. That is a different reason than they wanted the playoffs or else which is what the national take is.

I think Rex would still be here even at 8-8 if he did better with the defense and seemed like the long term answer.

If they fall back to the bottom, I agree. I just don't see that drop. Worst case is being a little below .500 in the first year (again). I wish we weren't starting over on offense, that was NOT what needed fixing!

Exactly. 7th in scoring when TT played so you ditch him and the coach in charge of that side of the ball. Brilliant. Oh and if he and/or ALynn do well next season and the Bills struggle with all the new shiny stuff, there is gonna be plenty of egg to go around Pegs' and Whaley's collective face.

Edited by iinii

In this climate, having a GM on thin ice, having a new owner being questioned for his competency in running a football operation, having a new head coach tasked with breaking the longest playoff drought in the big 4 N. American sports and fan base that hasn't grown anymore patient as a result.....

If every time the media claimed a GM was on thin ice the GM reacted the team would be run by media.

Who do you think they are, the Matt Millen Detroit Lions?