Chance of a lifetime (draft)

NavyBillsFan

You don't want this kid. What the news outlets don't know is that he bet on games he played in. I was at FSU when this MacPherson played, and everyone on campus knew he threw those games. In one game against Maryland that he bet on and started, he lost two fumbles and threw four picks, in the first 20 minutes.

Gambling never leaves a person - they will always be tempted. Think of all the hoodlums and thugs Bobby Bowden has covered for over the years. He gave so many kids chance after chance... he threw Adrian MacPherson out immediately. No second chance, no rehab... that says something.

You don't want this kid. What the news outlets don't know is that he bet on games he played in. I was at FSU when this MacPherson played, and everyone on campus knew he threw those games. In one game against Maryland that he bet on and started, he lost two fumbles and threw four picks, in the first 20 minutes.

Gambling never leaves a person - they will always be tempted. Think of all the hoodlums and thugs Bobby Bowden has covered for over the years. He gave so many kids chance after chance... he threw Adrian MacPherson out immediately. No second chance, no rehab... that says something.

254442[/snapback]

Thats just crazy crap. You give me that chance to go to a big school and then play in the NFL. Id get my education... That is kid should of got his ass beat for him. I remember when all that went down and his parents were saying they were against him because he was black. Thats about a classic saying... Pete Rose is out of the Hall because he is white...

I hope the best for the kid and hope is head is right!

The gambling issue aside, you're asking for a quarterback controversy drafting a kid like this. It's the last thing a kid like J.P. Losman needs while he's trying to develop. The minute he makes a mistake, people will be screaming for McPherson.

And if McPherson ever did lead the Bills to the Super Bowl, or other big game, and had 5 fumbles and 3 INT's? Whether he threw the game or not, there would always be a cloud hanging.

PTR

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

254442[/snapback]

I totally agree with you; this guy did it once, and he'll do it again... he's just not worth the massive risk. Just ask Paul Hornung and Alex Karras.

possible QB?

Know what, the kid has all the talent in the world and made a big mistake.  But, if he was hanging around Id pick him right up....

You just dont know, ask Brady....

254437[/snapback]

As another Tallahassee FSU person here, Steer clear of this kid as a QB. He's got issues, and not the kind that go away either. Pete Rose can't get back into the HOF for gambling on his own team, why should McPherson get another chance? Even worse, don't forget the theft charges and the check cashing schene he was into. Leave him in the Arena leagues.