Source: Texas firing Charlie Strong

YoloinOhio

It'll never happen; they can't risk letting an avalanche of player transfers decimate a major (or even a minor) school.

Besides, players still have their scholarships, friends, familiar surroundings and everything else they had before. It's not like a coaching change voids scholarships.

That is not always the case. I remember when I was at Canisius & Beilien took over. One of his first orders of business was telling 2 upcoming seniors who were four year players their services were no longer needed & they are not welcomed to come back for their last year. Not sure if their scholarships got revoked or not but they weren't on the basketball team.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you have a certain guy you wanted? Just curious

Looks like Oregon is firing Helfrich as well, 2 years removed from the National Title game.

One of the rumors was Texas offered Dabo about $7 mil or so to leave Clemson and come to Texas. I would have loved to have him.

Ever seen the dummy on Myth Busters? Buster? The dummy they put in front of explosions, trains, etc.

Charlie Strong was UT's Buster.

hoping he ends up at USF because Schiano is also a candidate ... already losing Fickell and Coombs to UC and possibly Warriner to WKU