IS TD just throwing next season to the curb?

Rudyc80

This is starting to piss me off considering how close we were, i mean how in teh hell can we keep leads for a rookie qb when losing a key member of our defense that was huge (literally) for us last year? If TD lets Williams go, its sending a message to the fans taht next year is a wash.

As much as i hate Bledsoe, im beginning to think JP was a major mistake, this kid looked like a scared teenager going to his first dance out there last season, but at least with a shut down defense he wouldnt have much pressure to always score.

I think TD is f...king up big time and destroying a top notch defense....its one thing to get rid of bledsoe but we need fat pat badly and to not resign him is a mistake taht we will regret!

This is starting to piss me off considering how close we were, i mean how in teh hell can we keep leads for a rookie qb when losing a key member of our defense that was huge (literally) for us last year? If TD lets Williams go, its sending a message to the fans taht next year is a wash.

As much as i hate Bledsoe, im beginning to think JP was a major mistake, this kid looked like a scared teenager going to his first dance out there last season, but at least with a shut down defense he wouldnt have much pressure to always score.

I think TD is f...king up big time and destroying a top notch defense....its one thing to get rid of bledsoe but we need fat pat badly and to not resign him is a mistake taht we will regret!

252344[/snapback]

I doubt there is even one among us who would want to see Pat leave.......but dude, he's not worth 5mil per year.

As for JP, he has yet to take a single meaningful snap in the NFL. The decision has been made. Drew is gone. How about we give JP at least a game or two before we start calling the move a fu*k-up?

I think TD is trying to build a balanced team. PW is not worth 5 a year. And i don't think he will sign with any team for that. I think he makes 3 MAX somewhere. I still believe he will be in a Bills uniform next year after he realizes that the Bills will pay 2-2.5 for his services and other teams will only go as high as 3.

Most importantly though, its Balance that is needed. #2 defense in the league doesn't matter if you have an offense in the low 20's. Give me a better offense - in the top 15, and a similar defense to last year - in the top 5, and its hard to imagine playoffs will not be in the cards for us.

It depends if you buy into the theory, can JP be any worse than Bledsoe.  I think teams will attack us the same.  Stop the running game first and force the QB to win the game.  Willis needs to have a monster year for us.

252348[/snapback]

Yep, and hopefully JP will be watching lots of tape of Tom friggin Brady......as much as I hate to say it. JP has got to be adept at going through his reads and especially finding his safety valve to beat the blitz. If he isn't any better than Drew in that regard, we're in trouble.

its a day to day thing...one day, we're swinging the axe while Tom Donahoe's head is on the chopping block, the next day, we're swinging from the man's nuts.

Christ...its February. I know that we're eager/anxious for the upcoming season, but atleast pick a position and stay with it.

Jonas Jennings can take a hike he is always injured.

Tom Donahoe will probably sign Pat Williams.

252370[/snapback]

I hope he signs Williams - I just don't want a repeat of the whole Ted W fiasco. We never really, really replaced Ted W until years later. The huge diff here is that Pat is still young and productive and relatively healthy.

My only concern here is that Angelo Wright is Williams' agent. What an ass...

Everyone is fired up right now. We all need to relax. I love Pat just as much as anyone in here but heck the guy is what 32-33 and 5 million is a bunch of money for a guy who is about to slow down a tad, even faster with that extra weight. Dont get me wrong, he is great talent. But if Pat goes I would not mind seeing the kid from the Browns in here. Give him a fresh start in Buffalo. I think he would budd here!

JP has a solid running game. If we don't find an adequate backup for Willis, then he'll struggle. I don't think we start pounding away on like the Titans did to George.

Williams can be replaced, IMO. Sure I'd love to have him back but I won't cry if we don't. We still have Edwards and Anderson (from Ohio State).

Steady now. Steady as she goes.

Keep a firm grip on the wheel.

All gagues are reading "nominal."

It's a little too early to be hitting the panic button yet.

I'll just chalk it up to "Post-Trumatic-Drew Disorder." :devil:

Remember, we have not yet begun to hate DonnaHo.

That'll come later - probably after the Draft.

I doubt there is even one among us who would want to see Pat leave.......but dude, he's not worth 5mil per year.

As for JP, he has yet to take a single meaningful snap in the NFL. The decision has been made. Drew is gone. How about we give JP at least a game or two before we start calling the move a fu*k-up?

252345[/snapback]

Can do without an old, fat, soon to be overpaid lineman with an overinflated idea of his value.

Maybe fat Pat should walk the walk and sign for a modest amount like he said he would to keep the team together, instead of gouging for $5 mil per year.

Good teams like the Pats move on with younger players. They don't mortgage the future by overpaying over the hill players.

252344[/snapback]

Adjust your diaper, you're leaking.

252345[/snapback]

You're assuming that he won't break his leg in training camp again, right?

CW

You're assuming that he won't break his leg in training camp again, right?

CW

252473[/snapback]

lol....yes, I am definitely assuming that. I'm assuming (and hoping) he follows in the footsteps of Michael Vick as far as his leg injury.