Air Fryer...How Close To The Real Thing?

I have an anova but haven't used it a ton... What's the best method for a good sear that you guys have found?

depends whats easiest for you.... a good hot pan, a hot grill (if grilling other stuff already), or even i have a basic kitchen torch.

I have an anova but haven't used it a ton... What's the best method for a good sear that you guys have found?

I use cast iron and get it screaming hot. At someone's suggestion here, I don't put butter or oil in the pan as it splatters too much. I just coat the meat in room temp butter to get a great sear. I can't get my gas grill hot enough, and the contact with the pan/grate is where you get the best sear (think grill marks on 100% of the surface), so I like full contact on cast iron. I don't have a torch (yet), but I bet that's good too.

I use cast iron and get it screaming hot. At someone's suggestion here, I don't put butter or oil in the pan as it splatters too much. I just coat the meat in room temp butter to get a great sear. I can't get my gas grill hot enough, and the contact with the pan/grate is where you get the best sear (think grill marks on 100% of the surface), so I like full contact on cast iron. I don't have a torch (yet), but I bet that's good too.

i dont bust out the torch often, but saw it on sale on amazon with a rebate that made a $20 one come in at like $3 or something stupid cheap. i wouldnt go out of my way to add it to my kitchen, but figured why the hell not at that price.