Updated (SEA) Bills 2016 Drop rate and Bad Pass Rate

MAJBobby

While I agree that Tayor isn't an ideal pocket QB and will throw some bad passes. I also contend that better receivers find a way to catch that not so accurate ball and will find ways to get open more often.

I watched the Patriots game closely and noted each pass. That first overthrown pass to Hunter hit him in his hands are he was reaching up to catch it. It looked like it could have been caught and instead it's listed as overthrown. It was also raining pretty good at that time.

Out of around 20 errant throws in that game, I noted around 7 actual bad passes off the mark enough so they couldn't have been caught. There were a lot of throw-aways due to heavy pass rush pressure from NE. Walter Powell was the Bills leading receiver in that game and it looked like the Patriots defender was interfering with him on every pass to him. Yet, only one or two penalties were called on him.

Robert Woods had issues with his foot and was ineffective in making his cuts so passes to him also looked errant. Charles Clay had a couple of drops and must have been dinged up because I had thought he was better than what he showed.

The bottom line here is Taylor shouldn't be forced to try and win the game with his arm and 38 passes vs 26 rushing attempts is unacceptable. Rex Ryan said it himself that this team must run the ball to win games. Even when behind in points if the team kept running it as it plays keep away from the opponent and also keeps the Bills defense fresh and on the bench. Meanwhile running 30-40 rushes a game wears out the defense which allows for bigger plays and gains in the 4th quarter.

I'm not excusing Tyrod for some bad play because he had some bad throws and missed some opportunities. But then I'm also not excusing that defense that played so poorly and was eaten alive by Tom Brady. Nor am I excusing the offensive play calling that had Taylor throwing 38 times to some not very good NFL receivers and especially when Gillislee was averaging 7.1 YPC while seeing only 12 rushes. By the same token, Jon Williams was averaging 2.4 yards per rush and saw the ball 5 times.

If Tayor fails to develop further and doesn't start seeing the field better than by all means, don't pay him at the end of the season and draft a QB in the first or second round.

It certainly sounds like you're trying...

It doesn't. Look at his Run QBR adjustment. It almost says doesn't matter if you cant throw if you can run it is just the same. Give WAY TO MUCH of adjustment for a Running QB. And was developed as a Way for ESPN to keep pushing the Vicks, RG3s Kaepernicks as good QBs

WHEN they go outside the pocket and cross the line, they're NOT Qbs anymore, they're runners.

MAJBobby, your hatred for Tyrod almost seems personal. Did you find out he was banging your sister? Are you really EJ's mom? What is your problem with him?

He sucks...????

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic