Moss to the felons??????

pm73

Heard this rumor from a friend in MN, i have no reason to think its reliable but rumors are always fun to discuss. this makes me sick though.

Moss to the Raiders, Raiders trade Moss to the Dolphins for the rights to Ricky Williams.

I do not want to see Moss twice a year!!!

Also, the Bills are after Matt Birk, MNs probowl center. like i said, i can't vouch for the reliability but we'll see on both counts.

Heard this rumor from a friend in MN, i have no reason to think its reliable but rumors are always fun to discuss.  this makes me sick though.

Moss to the Raiders, Raiders trade Moss to the Dolphins for the rights to Ricky Williams.

I do not want to see Moss twice a year!!!

Also, the Bills are after Matt Birk, MNs probowl center.    like i said, i can't vouch for the reliability but we'll see on both counts.

251952[/snapback]

Is Birk even out there?

Let me check.

Birk isnt a UFA, you mean a trade?

Is Birk even out there?

Let me check.

Birk isnt a UFA, you mean a trade?

251959[/snapback]

all i heard was that they are interested in Birk. since he's not a FA, then i would assume it would have to be in trade.

I'd rather face Moss twice a year than face Williams. Moss is a crybaby, and with no QBs in Miami, he wouldn't do much.

As for the Bills, there's no way they get Birk. I just heard him on the radio this morning (I live in MN) and he said something to the effect of, "I'm glad Moss is gone. I liked playing with him for a few years, but halfway through this year he started to bring everyone else down with his attitude. Good riddance." (I'm paraphrasing of course). Didn't sound like he was expecting a trade at all, and players are usually notified when they're being shopped around.

Your friend is making stuff up. ;)

CW

I'd rather face Moss twice a year than face Williams.  Moss is a crybaby, and with no QBs in Miami, he wouldn't do much.

As for the Bills, there's no way they get Birk.  I just heard him on the radio this morning (I live in MN) and he said something to the effect of, "I'm glad Moss is gone.  I liked playing with him for a few years, but halfway through this year he started to bring everyone else down with his attitude.  Good riddance."  (I'm paraphrasing of course).  Didn't sound like he was expecting a trade at all, and players are usually notified when they're being shopped around.

CW

251981[/snapback]

And Minnesota isn't in cap trouble - from what I've garnered, even with the Moss trade.

I'd rather face Moss twice a year than face Williams.  Moss is a crybaby, and with no QBs in Miami, he wouldn't do much.

As for the Bills, there's no way they get Birk.  I just heard him on the radio this morning (I live in MN) and he said something to the effect of, "I'm glad Moss is gone.  I liked playing with him for a few years, but halfway through this year he started to bring everyone else down with his attitude.  Good riddance."  (I'm paraphrasing of course).  Didn't sound like he was expecting a trade at all, and players are usually notified when they're being shopped around.

CW

251981[/snapback]

well, all he said is that the bills are interested in him and want him. he didn't say a trade was in the works. i doubt he's making it up but if it's false then someone is.

well, all he said is that the bills are interested in him and want him.  he didn't say a trade was in the works.  i doubt he's making it up but if it's false then someone is.

251991[/snapback]

Ask him where he heard it from. I've been busy working lately (I had about 6 hours off in the last 48 hours...), but from the little radio and news I've seen I havn't heard anything. It's probably just speculation like people post o this board with no actual basis in truth.

That's not a bad thing though, as it seems to keep us entertained ;)

CW

all i heard was that they are interested in Birk.  since he's not a FA, then i would assume it would have to be in trade.

251965[/snapback]

FYI...Birk will be making a good chunk of change for a center for the next few years.

Birk, Matt

View Stats at Players Inc Site

Player Info

Draft Info

OL (#78)

Year: 1998

Minnesota Vikings

Round: 6

Prior Lake, MN

Position: 20

Salary History

2001 418000.00

2002 525000.00

2003 1900000.00

2004 2590000.00

2005 3250000.00

2006 3940000.00

2007 4630000.00

2008 5320000.00

Heard this rumor from a friend in MN, i have no reason to think its reliable but rumors are always fun to discuss.  this makes me sick though.

That's one of the most RIDICULOUS rumors I've ever heard! First of all, Williams didn't file his papers to serve his suspension last year, so he'll have to sit-out the 1st 4 games in 2005. Second of all, he said he wants to play just 1 more year. If anyone is high enough to think that the Raiders would trade away the 7th overall and another pick, plus Nap Harris, to ultimately get a guy to play 12 games for them, then I have a bridge to sell you, slightly used. ;)

That's one of the most RIDICULOUS rumors I've ever heard!  First of all, Williams didn't file his papers to serve his suspension last year, so he'll have to sit-out the 1st 4 games in 2005.  Second of all, he said he wants to play just 1 more year.  If anyone is high enough to think that the Raiders would trade away the 7th overall and another pick, plus Nap Harris, to ultimately get a guy to play 12 games for them, then I have a bridge to sell you, slightly used. ;)

252086[/snapback]

Agreed. This premise of this post is a joke.

Your friend is making stuff up. :devil:

CW

251981[/snapback]

moss also happens to be the best individual talent in the league in the past 8 years regardless of position. culpepper is good, but moss has singlehandedly made that offense one of the best every year going.

And Minnesota isn't in cap trouble - from what I've garnered, even with the Moss trade.

251984[/snapback]

You got that right, AD.......they are over 30 mil UNDER the cap - best in the NFL. I'm not sure how many players are currently under contract, but something tells me they are going to be able to pretty much do as they please in FA

You got that right, AD.......they are over 30 mil UNDER the cap - best in the NFL. I'm not sure how many players are currently under contract, but something tells me they are going to be able to pretty much do as they please in FA

252296[/snapback]

If they don't sell the team, they'll probably stay well under the cap. The owner (Red McCombs) is a jerk and doesn't like spending money on the team.

CW

If they don't sell the team, they'll probably stay well under the cap.  The owner (Red McCombs) is a jerk and doesn't like spending money on the team.

CW

252298[/snapback]

Oh, I thought they already sold it? No?

Oh, I thought they already sold it? No?

252299[/snapback]

He signed the purchase agreement, but it's not finalized. I still believe (as do most reporters/fans in Minnesota) that the guy won't pass muster and the deal will be off.

Most people here want Glen Taylor (owner of the NBA T'Wolves) to buy the team. If the deal with Fowler falls through, that'll probably happen. The rumor is that McCombs is just using Fowler to increase Taylor's bid.

CW

He signed the purchase agreement, but it's not finalized.  I still believe (as do most reporters/fans in Minnesota) that the guy won't pass muster and the deal will be off.

Most people here want Glen Taylor (owner of the NBA T'Wolves) to buy the team.  If the deal with Fowler falls through, that'll probably happen.  The rumor is that McCombs is just using Fowler to increase Taylor's bid.

CW

252301[/snapback]

Interesting....I didn't know that, thanks.

Interesting stuff on Fowler's past:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5250584.html

(http://www.bugmenot.com if you don't have a login)

This was especially interesting:

• He is the landlord and business partner of a man who years ago was involved in a college basketball point-shaving scam.

One of Fowler's smallest business interests -- his 20 percent stake in four "Shammy Man" carwashes in metro Phoenix -- could raise eyebrows among other NFL owners, who zealously guard the league's image.

One of Fowler's partners is Joseph Gagliano, who in 1999 was sentenced to federal prison and served time for being involved in a college basketball point-shaving scandal at Arizona State University.