(OT) what in the name of god is Ainge up to!

Buftex

Just heard the Celtics traded Tom Gugliatta and Gary Payton to the Hawks, for Antoine Walker. Man, I used to love the Celtics, but since the glory days of the 80's they have been a mess. Any "Patsies Trolls" out there who can offer me some insite as to what kind of sense this deal makes, or is it just another case of dumping salary? If I was Payton, I would be majorly po'd! Doesn't it seem like they make trades in the NBA, just for the sake of making trades? Boston has actually been playing decently (albeit in the East), so they lose two straight games, and they have to "remake" the team, again, for what seems like the 997th time in the last 10 years! I am almost done with the NBA! WTF is Danny Ainge doing? He came in, saying he was trying to build a team to compete with the West. Seemed like they were taking baby steps, after driving off the best coach they have had since KC Jones (Jim O'Brien), and now we have gone full circle, and Anotoinw Walker is back in Boston!

Tom Gugliatta huh, damn i didnt even know he still played in the NBA. Wasnt Walker one of the very first players Ainge got rid of? I know he thought he was fat and he also didnt fit that personality thing Ainge lives by for his players. Him and some other guy go by a book written about certain athletes brain traits and how he can destinguish winners and losers by examining a cat scan. You heard of that?

Tom Gugliatta huh, damn i didnt even know he still played in the NBA. Wasnt Walker one of the very first players Ainge got rid of? I know he thought he was fat and he also didnt fit that personality thing Ainge lives by for his players. Him and some other guy go by a book written about certain athletes brain traits and how he can destinguish winners and losers by examining a cat scan. You heard of that?

251950[/snapback]

Yeah, I remmber hearing something about his system for evaluating players. What does it say, when he trades for a guy, that he previously calssified as a "loser?" Oh well, I guess he has until midnight to trade Pierce, for a bag of donuts and .86 in pocket change...the NBA is getting harder to like all of the time!

I really have nothing against Walker, and thought it wad dumb to trade him to begin with, but trading to get him back is just stupid, 2 years later...

This is the last lear of Walkers contract. Payton wanted to go somewhere to compete for a title. walker gives them some rebounding that they need for now. he will not be signed at the end of the season. yhey also traded Yuri. It looks like the have dumped salary for next year. With Walker they will make the playoffs but the are not going anywhere. next season they will have some money to attract FAs with.

This is the last lear of Walkers contract. Payton wanted to go somewhere  to compete for a title. walker gives them some rebounding that they need for now. he will not be signed at the end of the season.  yhey also traded Yuri. It looks like the have dumped salary for next year. With Walker they will make the playoffs but the are not going anywhere. next season they will have some money to attract FAs with.

252310[/snapback]

You follow the Celtics? What is this I am hearing that Payton will refuse to go to Atlanta, have his contract baught up by the Hawks, and then re-sign with Boston? I heard half of that rumour last night on ESPN, but missed some part of it. This morning I heard he might end up in Miami! Can teams in the NBA just buy out guys contracts?