Whaley redeemed, 1 problem left for Bills to solve

I think winning a game in foxboro with our not yet fully manned defense and an offense with only number 2 and 3 receivers proves that Whaley has done his job well as GM. Brady would have made a difference yes, but seeing the patriots with a healthy D, a lot of momentum homefield and BB still lose handily meant that straight up, whaleys built a team can beat the patriots (minus their hall of fame QB.) and until they start handing out HOF QB's thats about the best he can do.

Whaleys FA defensive pick ups look good and have always looked good, often better than our draft picks ie zach brown, alexander, graham, gilislee etc. Even though drafting watkins and giving up 3 picks for a guy whos brittle has finally been realized as a mistake ( my take that draft was to trade back GET AN EXTRA PICK and draft K.Benjamin ) no one could have for seen Watkins as "injury prone". whaleys mistake simply was over paying in a deep wr draft where he could have made out like a bandit with a trade back and ODB or Benjamin.

Now the 2 problems from this year and last, have been reduced to 1. I always pondered but couldnt "prove" if Roman offense was the issue. His schemes always seemed like they stalled our offense with bursts of points here and there thanks to tyrods deep ball. Now its clear his running game was crap and "genius" or not, it never took hold and even looked worse this year. Contrast this to Ryans D actually starting to live up to expectations and you can see one has an upward trend to match its vaunted history, the other seemed to be good for a couple years in SF only to get progressively worse with time.

the other main issue and last piece of the puzzle holding us back from the playoffs is so simple. I saw it sunday lying in the middle of the field. It was just out there in the open for everyone else to see and I thought "if only Tyrod could see it too" what was it? Well I just said what it was, it was literally the middle of the field! People in Bills uniforms kept running down and across it but unless they got near the sideline tyrod seemed to not notice their existence. He still does not understand the ease and yardage associated with the seam pass. Unless a receiver has a sideline next to him and or is completely stopped and turned around, tyrod just wont throw it there. His sideline game and deep ball are great, it confounds me how the easiest pass in football, a pass that both Fitzpatrick lived on and even Rob Johnson could throw, is something tyrod doesnt even try.

When and if Tyrod can ever see and use the middle of the field the Bills will start rolling and will make it easily into the playoffs.

I liked K Benj too. In fact back then when they were shopping for a WR to help EJ it made even more sense given the FSU connection. Of course part of that was never even considering they'd trade up for Sammy.

I don't think there was a GM in the game at the time that would've taken kbenj over Watkins. I'm reluctant to think the majority would be any different today.

When the Bills lose, we hear it's about the whole season and not one game. When they win (and it was an outstanding win) sometimes I think people want a ticker tape parade and toasting of everyone affiliated with the team. Whatever happened to measured happiness?

Waiting and seeing is a lost art.

Actually it's quite the opposite.