Patriots Scouting Reports

Cover 1

What do you think are the keys to the game on offense and on defense?

Offense-Up the tempo, run no huddle out of spread formations. Preferably getting the ball to Clay, Mccoy and even Bush. That will make the reads easier on TT and create mismatches. Here's some film.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/10/bills-vs-patriots-offensive-scouting-report/

Defense-The defense must of course stop the run, but disguise coverage as to get the QBs to hold the ball longer. That will in turn allow the rushers to do their job. The Bills must attack with the wide 9 alignment. All of the sacks given up by the Pats were versus the wide 9. Take a look here.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/09/bills-vs-patriots-defensive-scouting-report/

Thoughts?

I don't think there are keys to this game. I want to have a good feeling. I want to have hope buy I logistically see no opportunity to overcome anything we will face. We are outmatched and unless they struggle bad... we are going to lose embarassingly

What do you think are the keys to the game on offense and on defense?

Offense-Up the tempo, run no huddle out of spread formations. Preferably getting the ball to Clay, Mccoy and even Bush. That will make the reads easier on TT and create mismatches. Here's some film.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/10/bills-vs-patriots-offensive-scouting-report/

Defense-The defense must of course stop the run, but disguise coverage as to get the QBs to hold the ball longer. That will in turn allow the rushers to do their job. The Bills must attack with the wide 9 alignment. All of the sacks given up by the Pats were versus the wide 9. Take a look here.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/09/bills-vs-patriots-defensive-scouting-report/

Thoughts?

I like that approach.

I thought they were too conservative offensively in the first half of the two meetings last year and still too conservative in the second half in game two....I like playing fast as a tactic in this instance....you can't expect beat them playing not to lose at Gillette.

Not sure if Rex will run much wide nine stuff.........to my untrained eye the key to their pressure this year appears to be timing.

Creating vertical separation between offensive lineman inside and then exploiting those openings.

Last year's push often allowed opposing offensive lines to move in unison........this year they are fracturing those fronts a lot more.

I would guess they will play tight man at the line and make Jimmy G or Brissett prove they can get over the top.

I like that approach.

I thought they were too conservative offensively in the first half of the two meetings last year and still too conservative in the second half in game two....I like playing fast as a tactic in this instance....you can't expect beat them playing not to lose at Gillette.

Not sure if Rex will run much wide nine stuff.........to my untrained eye the key to their pressure this year appears to be timing.

Creating vertical separation between offensive lineman inside and then exploiting those openings.

Last year's push often allowed opposing offensive lines to move in unison........this year they are fracturing those fronts a lot more.

I would guess they will play tight man at the line and make Jimmy G or Brissett prove they can get over the top.

Rex used wide 9 on several occasions last week vs Cardinals.

Some of the def line looks here:

Edited by Cover 1

Noticed the wide 9 looks last week.

Nice scouting reports!

Thanks! It was crazy to see bc when I studied the Pats offensive game film I saw they struggled. Then I looked at the Bills film and was like wow, they are in the wide 9 I wonder why hahhaa

Rex used wide 9 on several occasions last week vs Cardinals.

Some of the def line looks here:

Good work as always.

My guess is that the Patriots will try to spread the Bills out and run into the subsequently depleted box.

The Cardinals were very accommodating last week.........the Bills would stop their run on first down with a heavier front 7 and then basically take all but 1 DL off the field and sell out with coverage on subsequent downs.........and they kept throwing into it.

Good work as always.

My guess is that the Patriots will try to spread the Bills out and run into the subsequently depleted box.

The Cardinals were very accommodating last week.........the Bills would stop their run on first down with a heavier front 7 and then basically take all but 1 DL off the field and sell out with coverage on subsequent downs.........and they kept throwing into i

Offens

Thanks!!

Getting a considerable lead def helped.

I love how people are saying we are outmatched.

Go through their roster and ours. Its not even close. Other than TE and the slight edge at LB for them we are at least even or better at all spots.

Win some cash, bet the Bills. The last time we played them here we shut down their offense, please don't tell me Garrapolo scares anyone.

22-9 bills