Moss A Raider

Thailog80

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, think about how many Moss jerseys will be sold now.

250506[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. Combine all the kids who inexplicably like the guy with all the people who wear Raiders' black gear just to be "cool", combined with all the actual Raider fans...man, those sales are going to be sick.

the thing that pisses me off is that profootballtalk.com nailed this one yesterday, naming the exact compensation to a tee., before any of the majors even got a sniff of the deal......they've really hit big on a few lately........

they are quietly losing that "hack" persona, getting more credit in newspapers around the country.........

I absolutely LOVE this deal for the Vikings.

There are going to be good WR's available, if the Vikings sign a guy like D.Mason or even L.Coles if avail, they can uset that #7 overall pick for a WR like Mike Williams, plus they still have money now to help their defense even more.

There are going to be good WR's available, if the Vikings sign a guy like D.Mason or even L.Coles if avail, they can uset that #7 overall pick for a WR like Mike Williams, plus they still have money now to help their defense even more.

251031[/snapback]

i just don't think napleon harris is that marquee defender they wanted and needed........very average under-achieving guy if you ask me........

i think they would have been better served pushing harder for john abraham.........

Another prediction. I dont know how, but somehow the Vikes make the SuperBowl. Its the whole "lose a superstar & get better" thing. 

the sports guy wrote about this... he called it the Ewing Theory

can't find the link at the moment though. sorry

251031[/snapback]

Does anyone seriously think Norv Turner is going to be able to keep a lid on Moss? Just wait until they get Ricky williams too.......this is going to be fun to watch the implosion in Oakland. I loathe the Raiders......even more since they have Sapp........now I have even more reason to.

i just don't think napleon harris is that marquee defender they wanted and needed........very average under-achieving guy if you ask me........

i think they would have been better served pushing harder for john abraham.........

251036[/snapback]

Well, I for one am very happy they didn't go after Abraham harder. Moss out in AFC West is one thing, but I really don't want him in the AFC East.

By the way, I believe our secondary will be one of the few this upcoming season that will be able to match up with the Raiders' receivers. If they can't get at least 70 yards on the ground against us, they'll have no chance.

I'm just saying, twice A-Rod has moved, and twice, his team has improved without him. Think of all the cap space the Vikes will have now. I think Derrick Mason might be a decent replacement, and yes, Mike Williams is available in the draft too. It just wouldn't surprise me at all.

250572[/snapback]

Mike Williams would do great in Viking colors. I would definitely take him and Harris over a guy of Moss' talent who doesn't care about the team.

I might actually start liking the Vikes again now that that a--wipe is gone.

I have Moss in a keeper league, does this hurt or raise his stock???

250778[/snapback]

Here's my take on that. I'd shop him around and see what you can get for him. Interest will be at an all time high right now. You'll likely get the best value for him right now. So see what the market is. Personally I think his numbers will be about the same and might even drop a little bit. There is only one football to go around and I don't love Kerry Collins throwing it.