The myth of supreme importance of coaching stability

simpleman

Continuity is the result of good coaching.

Expecting continuity to result in good coaching is like saying you are going to find a way to get some Lombardi trophies in order to make ur team good, because good teams have Lombardi trophies.

The average NFL player is in the league 2-3 seasons.

The bills fielded the best defense they had in a decade in their first and ok you season with schwarz, second year under Marrone.

Kubiak made the Broncos a winner quickly.

Beli went to a Super Bowl his second year with the pats.

Harbaugh turned frisco around quickly.

Tomlin won a sb his second season.

There is a lot more evidence that good coaches lead to continuity than to support the idea that continuity leads to good coaching.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

When you picked the wrong guy, you picked the wrong guy. The mavens of continuity who were all over this board at the end of last season are nowhere to be found now. I think we all realize now that Ryan is the wrong guy, and the sooner the Bills realize that and start anew, the better off we are.

No, I am still here.

But when you toss the OC after game two i might never find out.

Of course i believe in continuity. To a degree.

If you are not growing you are falling behind.

Because i believe in continuous improvement with a consistent core does not mean I think Rex is the answer. I just do not believe in shaking up everything to see what the dice bring. The burn it down theory is about as immature as it gets.

And to the point about Terry and Kim asking players how they feel ? I think that's fine when problem solving at the core

What a fail of original post

you really need to lighten up

Just so everyone is clear here.

Bills have sucked since forever.

They lost all those SB attempts.

Dont think that anyone here has the answer, because they do not know winning.

WE hope winning.

So i find it hard to fault anyone for thinking out loud about what might work for Buffalo.

Hell, it's worth a shot.

That being said, i do think the Bell Doth Toll for Rex and his Merry band.

Continuity has its place and time.

as mentioned by the wiser folks here, you allow that when you have something worthwhile to be patient about.

Continuity is the result of good coaching.

Expecting continuity to result in good coaching is like saying you are going to find a way to get some Lombardi trophies in order to make ur team good, because good teams have Lombardi trophies.

The average NFL player is in the league 2-3 seasons.

The bills fielded the best defense they had in a decade in their first and ok you season with schwarz, second year under Marrone.

Kubiak made the Broncos a winner quickly.

Beli went to a Super Bowl his second year with the pats.

Harbaugh turned frisco around quickly.

Tomlin won a sb his second season.

There is a lot more evidence that good coaches lead to continuity than to support the idea that continuity leads to good coaching.

Exactamente amigo