"Experts" Picks Week 1 vs the Ravens

CodeMonkey

@ChrisBurke_SI

Tried to pull a Costanza and walk off on a high note after hitting Thursday's pick. Told no, so here's the rest: https://t.co/QFzMGq2B4y

bills-at-ravens-week-1.jpg

Rex Ryan is that friend we all have who wants you to be excited about everything as he is. “Dude! You’ll never believe it. I was walking down the street and bam!, there was just a quarter lying on the ground!” He needs to translate that enthusiasm into results. Doing so without Marcell Dareus (suspension), Shaq Lawson (injury) and Reggie Ragland (injury) won’t be easy, although Brandon Spikes’s return mitigates the Ragland hit some. Now healthy, Baltimore will get back to its old, familiar game plan running the ball to set up a Joe Flacco deep shot. That approach will work well enough Sunday.

Watchability Score: 6. The Bills have a sneaky explosive offense, with Tyrod Taylor, LeSean McCoy and Sammy Watkins. Plan on a back-and-forth second half.

Week 1 forecast: New quarterback vs. old friend
Jimmy Garoppolo will make his first NFL start Sunday night at Arizona. One guy he'll look to avoid: former Patriot Chandler Jones. Who'll prevail? Elliot Harrison provides his Week 1 predictions.

BAL.png 27 BUF.png 24

Baltimore wins the home opener, giving fans hope of an AFC North title and playoff berth. Don't see either happening, but who wants to crap on hope in early September? Me! If the Ravens are going to win 10 games, they need to start by winning at home and taking advantage of an opponent with several missing parts on defense. It also will help if, in 2016, Baltimore can close the door on teams late. John Harbaugh's group left it cracked for everyone last season, resulting in frustrating losses at the end of games. Justin Tucker is apparently almost as good at loving him some him as he is at making clutch kicks -- so hopefully he'll win a few of these games in 2016. Predicting a rough start for the Bills, but I think Buffalo -- and particularly Tyrod Taylor -- will excel down the stretch. Rex Ryan's bunch will be one of the teams competing with the Ravens for the final wild-card spot. #BUFvsBAL

Much rather be the underdog than the favorite. It seems, more often than not, that when we are favored, the spotlight shines too bright and we fizzle. I'd much rather go into this season totally under the radar, with everyone thinking, "Oh, it's the Bills, they got lucky this week. They'll fall off next week."

Just keep thinking that way all season long......

I think the same way. And that's okay !

clippy-with-text.jpg

excellent. Both you and The Wiz